enviro ef3 auger not working solid feed lite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nikki-00jayvette75

Sep 26, 2016
Franklin MAss
The auger will not turn and feed pellets. I created a jumper wire and tested all that I could green feed lite stays on no matte what .The vacuum line is clear. HELP!!! I tested the auger it seem to have power and resistance any ideas would be great. this has happened before but it started working on it's own last year..I got lucky this year I'm not lucky

We need to know if the auger motor has power to it or not. Not to be picky, but "seems" isn't helpful for diagnosis. Can you measure it with a meter?

Light on constant means clogged vac line. Switch must close contacts before power is sent to auger
I jumped the vacuum switch /vacuum hose is clear not clogged ( no Help) 2 blues wires / the relay button wont push in no matter how hard I push plus I jumped the temp switch. tested the auger has power going to it and I tested the auger with lamp cord 110 direct and it spins . Now what?

So I talked to some people online there are these two square blue colored blocks the dial by fire yellow wires connected to them what I'm being told is that they're probably defective since everything else being dumped doesn't work apparently power comes into those blocks and feeds on everything else I'm having trouble using a multimeter not really understanding and very well to check for voltage either that or it's a piece of crap and it's broken butt I was trying to check the voltage to the auger and I think those bricks have something to do with sprinting power all over the unit and that's the problem one of those things are broken so I ordered one on eBay a harness for a $65 we'll see if that fixes it because it's impossible that it would be anything else at this point Sorry I'm using text-to-speech so my punctuation isn't the greatest

Looking at the manual, if the vac sw and line is ok, no overtemp sensor is tripped and all other wiring and connections are good, I'd point to the auger timing block or the startup timing block. Don't know what else it could be, I've had that stove for years, have had no issues at all with it......

Well stovelark is the winner that's exactly what it was they wetr bad iming block im surprise no one else mentioned it out there but I bought a used one off eBay it was an entire harness that came with those two blue blocks and a high temperature switch and I change the blocks and right away they are just started working again as far as a solid green lights when I was messing around with it the vacuum switches there's actually 3 connectors on mine too right next to each other one on the far side I had them connected incorrectly one goes on either the two that are next to each other and then other one goes on the other switch far away hard to explain any l I put the new blocks in the light was green but then it would dim so there was still something wrong then I check the connections on the vacuum switch which I corrected and then it started working so it's rare but those are returning blocks to go and when they go they're very expensive hundred fifty bucks I was like 65

Hi Nikki glad to hear you got her going. My EF3 is from 2008, haven't done a thing to her but clean it each spring. I've not seen many problems with the EF3, she is a workhorse. I still like the analog dials too, simple and easy. Becoming a fan of the Meridian too, the computer board version of the EF3. Anyway, stay warm- I know winter is coming, I'm just not rushing it....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.