Enviro Ef3 auger only drops pellets on high

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nov 4, 2012
Hi i have a problem with my Enviro Ef3 pellet stove. The auger and auger light will only work when the dial-a-fire is on high. On any other setting the light wont come on and the auger does nothing. I checked and the vacuum hose was clear and if i bypass the vacuum switch it changes nothing. The exhaust motor is working and clean. I was wondering if it might be the Dial-a-fire controller or the auger timer control. Does anyone know how to test the Dial-a-fire controller? Thank you in advance. Mike

I also by-passed the dial a fire by putting a jumper on the auger timer control and it dropped pellets quickly just like it does on high. Can anyone tell me where to go from here or have any advice on what i might try. Thank you.

Most likely your auger bushing is spent. If you watch the light and can see longer or shorter power cycles when you move the dial a fire heat control, then you know the timer box and dial a fire knob are working. Look under the auger motor, can you see wood dust? If you raise the motor up the brass bushing at the plate will be loose pr move with the shaft. The bushing can act as a brake on the system. Check there first.

Thank you very much for your response. I checked the bushing and it looks to be fine. The light does nothing when i move the dial a fire control. It will only light up and drop pellets when it is on high. If you move the dial just a little off high it does nothing and wont drop pellets at all and i don't hear the auger trying to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.