enviro ef3 bi help with auger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so we know that knob is good, the vacuum switch is good . the auger motor is good . so according to the manual it is a problem with that timing control module ( blue box) . only problem is it doesn't say how to test it . 1 min I will read it over again

OK 1 more thing it says to check is the reset button on the 200 f temp sensor . it may have been tripped . it is on the same side of the stove as the dials are .

If your looking inside that side panel it is a small button switch on the top left ... It has 2 wired going to it and a small red reset button in the middle of it

Only thing left after all that in the book is to test that timing module ( blue box ) it says to check the voltage across the load pins of the timing mode. It should be around 1 to 2 V cycling to live voltage during an auger pulse . if not , it says to replace it

To me those 2 blue boxes ( auger timer control ) and ( power up timer) are all that's left . I am leaning towards the top one the auger timer control . the part # is EF-036 but they cost $120. So you wont to make sure that's what's wrong before ordering one

Don't see any in the book. Can you let it run threw the 15 min start up .. Just to see if the auger tries to turn later in the circle at all

I think it must be that top blue box.was this stove so pose to be working when you bought it ? Did you get a good deal on it ?

Just curious....since you bought this stove used, did you see the stove run properly BEFORE you bought it?

Just curious....since you bought this stove used, did you see the stove run properly BEFORE you bought it?[/quo
I think it must be that top blue box.was this stove so pose to be working when you bought it ? Did you get a good deal on it ?
ya i bought it like that i knew it wasnt running. It was stored for a couple of years. And it was really dirty. Got it for 150...

Hello

I also have an EF-3 right now that I am rebuilding. Check your ignitor with an ohm meter to make sure it is not shorted out. That is a very common problem.

I guess being as you don't have a metor you could just disconnect it and try. Might be werth getting yourself a metor to test that blue box . You could alwase return it after if you have no other use for it lol

If the board is smart it may not allow the feed to work if it senses a bad igniter after doing a quick diagnostic. Just don't know how smart of a stove you got hooked up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.