Enviro EF3: How hard is it to...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneR34

Sep 19, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
Replace the auger bushing?

I'll be getting my stove ready for the season this week, and this in on my "need-to-do" list. The stove is awkward to work with in the back and I'm easily frustrated (seriously...lol), so I'm trying to decide if I should do it myself or pay my stove guy.

I know I replaced the motor a few years back and managed that....I think getting the motor off is 90% of the battle? Can't quite remember how things are put together back there.

Anyway...stupid question, perhaps...but there ya go....

Its actually not that hard- take off auger motor, set aside, take off mounting plate (note where hardware goes,) and pull out auger drive. In the hopper, you can remove the auger cover to help access as well. Its not a hard job, if you remove things and put them in line to go back on. Good luck with it, is it an older EF3??

Sorry, guys. I never got notified of replies, so I haven't been on the forum since I posted this thread. Thanks for the assistance, though. I'm actually here with another problem for which I'll start a new thread.

Just wanted to say thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.