Enviro EF3 insert control panel/circuit board upgrade help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AJNZ

Sep 20, 2011
Christchurch, New Zealand
Hey everyone,
I have a 2006 Enviro EF3 insert pellet fire with the "dial a fire" controls.
I live in New Zealand and our local pellet fire retailer imports the Enviro fires from the manufacturer.
The retailer is offering an upgrade from the dial a fire controls to the latest circuit board controls in the current EF3 for $650NZD ($530USD).
I have researched the the diferences in the controls to try and understand what the upgrade would involve,

I assume it would be replacing the circuit board, control panel and wiring loom?
Because pellet fires are not common yet in New Zealand, I would like some advice if the upgrade price seems fair?
Would it be viable to purchase these parts online and either have them installed or install them myself?

Cheers,
AJ.

Attachments

• dial and auto.jpg
    dial and auto.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 487
Welcome!

Last season I did an Ef3 conversion. Took about an hour and 1/2 total. Relatively easy to do. I couldn't find the kit number so I purchased the components separate and paid slightly more. The stove I did didn't have the stat controller for the dial a fire. That alone was very expensive and from what I was told didn't work all that well.

The person I did the conversion for really wanted the hi/lo mode and the stat feature. Main reason for the upgrade and he's very happy with these 2 new found features.

I would think if you want a stove tht runs 24/7 at a low heat setting the dial a fire is ok for the job. But if you want to lower the house temp while away(at work) But still have it toasty when you arrive home. The digital controller is the ticket.

If you do decide to go ahead with the conversion, Please post the part number on the kit(again I couldn't find the part number). There might be others looking at doing the conversion. Thanks!

I used the parts available for the EVOLUTION EF5. I also PM'ed you this info. But thought others may find it useful.

50-1929 CIRCUIT BOARD C-11652

50-330 EF5/MERIDIAN CIRCUIT BOARD CONTROL PANEL C/W DECAL/DOOR/LATCH

50-332 EF5 /EMPRESS FS CIRCUIT BOARD WIRE HARNESS

EC-001 120 CERAMIC EXT TEMP SENSOR(you can use the original 140ºF sensor but it takes longer to go from start mode to run. The igniter runs too long with the 140ºF switch IMHO.)

Note: To the others that might want a stat on your EF2 or EF3 and you will also get the hi/lo mode to extend the igniter. For just a little bit more than the module below the control upgrade does work well!

There is a module(EF-152) available for adding a stat to the dial a fire stoves. But its pricey($468.90) and doesn't work very well. Most regret the purchase!
Link to the stat module EF-152.
http://woodheatstoves.com/index.php...a3d7012cefc877a233dd0c8cb348b1&keyword=EF-152

Status
Not open for further replies.