Enviro EF3 or Empress?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jzinckgra

Feeling the Heat
Jun 12, 2009
Raymond, Maine
I have two craiglist options; one is a 2 year old EF3 (only used 1 season apparently) with hearthpad, 12 bags of pellets and some piping for $1400. The second stove is the Empress (one year old), which includes just the piping for $1700. I know it seems like a no-brainer to go with the EF3, but I want to hear some thoughts before I pull the trigger.

jzinckgra said:
I have two craiglist options; one is a 2 year old EF3 (only used 1 season apparently) with hearthpad, 12 bags of pellets and some piping for $1400. The second stove is the Empress (one year old), which includes just the piping for $1700. I know it seems like a no-brainer to go with the EF3, but I want to hear some thoughts before I pull the trigger.

I know nothing about the EF3, but have the Empress and absolutely love it. I have an old drafty circa 1825 house and it completely heats my downstairs, approximately 1,200 sq. ft. Have had no problems now for 2 seasons, except the door was replaced, as a result of a recall.

Just my experience, others may not be as fortunate. Good luck whatever you decide.

Bummer, doesn't look like you can hook up a programmable thermostat on the EF3, but you can on the Empress. That's a deal breaker for me if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.