Enviro EF3 Squeeling??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomasulo

Mar 2, 2010
Canada
my enviro EF3-Bi is not running properly. now, upon startup and the first little while, there is a squeeling sound. last week, I noticed that my rope gasket inside the door was brittle, so I took it out, cleaned the area, put in cement and a new gasket. still squeels. does this sound like an air leak? the pellets don't seem to be burning as clean, more dirty, black gunk on the inside. before replacing the gasket, the fire would quite often go out in the middle of the night. any help would be appreciated.

If you are not getting expected combustion it comes down to three possible things.

Pellets. Bad or Damp pellets will cause bad burns. Try known good pellets.

Combustion air. Ensure your supply air path is clean and unobstructed. This time of year you might have bees building a nest in your OAK. Or in my area the winter moth caterpillar strings are everywhere. Or if you don't have an OAK...pet hair or dust can block up your combustion air source. Also, check your ash pan gasket. If it has gaps or the ash pan won't seal tight, you will get a bad burn.

Venting. Clean your exhaust blower right down to the impeller. I pull mine out 2 or 3 times a year and blow it clean with compressed air and electronics cleaner. Make sure it turns freely and is running correctly. Ensure your exhaust vent is clean and clear. Run a vent brush up your vent and really clan out the pipe. Don't neglect the ash traps behind the firebrick (fake) inside the combustion chamber. I use a combination of air and vacuum to really clean out the stove. =

Good Luck,
---Nailer---

Hello member,
As everyone said, prob in the ventilation system. It sounds like the combustion blower is bad, or going bad. EF3s are pretty bullet proof, a good cleaning is prob needed. When you take the comb motor out, apply direct power (via cord and test jig) and check for squealing motor, and see if motor is smooth and quiet. If so, check and make sure gasket for comb motor isn't hitting motor blades. Check inside housing for any obstructions as well. The motors are not cheap, but if cleaned properly and at least yearly, will last for number of years. Good luck

Stovelark
Enviro EF3
Enviro 1700 Kodiak
(Can you tell I like Enviro?)

Status
Not open for further replies.