Enviro EF3 Squeeling??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomasulo

Mar 2, 2010
Canada
I had this topic on last winter, but spring/summer came and I left it alone. Now, just fired up the stove for the fall/winter season and my Enviro EF3-Bi is still squeeling. I have a service call into my wood stove dealer, but it will be weeks before they can get here, too busy doing cleanings, etc. Anyway, thought last year it may be my gasket around the door not sealing, it looked pretty brittle, so I put on a new one. Now, the more I listed, it seems as though the auger is what is making the terrible shreaking sound, every time it turns, until the stove gets good and heated up, it tends to fade away, then sometimes start back up again. The auger is sealed away from my access, so how would a person fix this issue, or grease it? Does the dealer have to take the stove apart? Has anyone had a similar issue? Thanks for your help!!

I have had to replace the auger bushing on my EF-2

The Enviro site has the Owners Manual and the Technical Manual here
http://www.enviro.com/help/manuals.html

In the owners manual for the EF-3 Page 32 is the start of the parts list and exploded view of the stove.

Auger bushings are located at the top and bottom of the auger. The bottom also has a brass wear plate.
I had to replace mine a few years ago due to a slight squeak that drove me nuts.

I don't remember the exact sequence to pull the auger motor and auger but it was fairly easy when looked at.

The bushings are Enviro part # 50-1806 They should be available through any Enviro dealer.

I made my own in my shop.

Good Luck,
---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.