Enviro ef3 vacuum switch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karayj

Jun 5, 2008
Franklin
I noticed there's an adjustment screw made out of plastic put a Phillips head on the Enviro ef-3 pellet stove for the vacuum switch I kind of tinkered around with it wondering what it does what's the correct setting and how can I check the settings I just want to make sure it's right cuz I did take around with and I lost track of where it was last

The vacuum switch is a safety device. I'd replace it and not take a chance with my home and family's safety.

looking at photos of the vac switch, the only screw on there was to attach a bracket. Please post a photo of what you tinkered with...

Some vac switches have an adjustment for sensitivity on them, but if you have to de-sensitive it to work, its better to replace it. If you don't have test equipment to check its vac level required to close and open it, (to verify its within specification), it is always best to replace. It costs way too little to not play it safe.....

Some vac switches have an adjustment for sensitivity on them, but if you have to de-sensitive it to work, its better to replace it. If you don't have test equipment to check its vac level required to close and open it, (to verify its within specification), it is always best to replace. It costs way too little to not play it safe.....
Hi stovelark,yea didn't go that far as most people do not have mag gauges.Also,appears karayj and the nikki poster with the ef3 are one and the same,hence the similar posts.

Hi stovelark,yea didn't go that far as most people do not have mag gauges.Also,appears karayj and the nikki poster with the ef3 are one and the same,hence the similar posts.
Yes that's true that Nicki and Karai are the same people I forgot my password had trouble resetting it as far as the vacuum guys I was having trouble with my argar and one guy God knows why suggested I play around with that so I did jumping it but I also turned it in and out to see if that may have had something to do with it according to a poster which now I regret doing what exactly is its purpose I know it creates back into the pot

Let me get more detail to me it's like a carburetor on a car you've got a lean air mixture and I figured the more you turn it in the last vacuum or air goes to the pot but then again what do I have that arm on the side of it that creates ventilation so I'm just trying to get an indicator what that vacuum does because right now we're burning pallets and it's not very hot but I'm telling my wife that's because they're crap pellets in their year old I'm just hoping the vacuum doesn't have anything to do with why my balance on burning super hot last year they did pretty good job I'm using text to speech so sorry about the punctuation

If you F----d with the switch replace it not real expensive .
If your heat output is low turn up the pellet feed
to get more heat .
Very simple analog controls

Correct - it has nothing to do with controlling the amount of air going into the stove. The screw is to adjust the set point of the switch, and should not be turned.

If you have low heat output, on the EF3 where are you running the dial a fire? Does the flame look normal? Do you have the air slider (black knob on the left side facing stove) set correct? Is the baffle at the top of your burn chamber cleared so air can hit the tubes normally? Of course pellets are a big part of heat output as well. Normally if the stove is set up right and is clean, it is not picky with what pellet to burn, espec since you can compensate for poor pellets by slowing down the convection blower and stripping less heat away from the stove. Most stoves set convection blower speed automatically with the selected heat level, but the ef3 controls are independent of each other, a huge advantage if used properly. Replace the vac switch, a safety device needing to be working properly. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.