Enviro Empress Auger Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickcote

Jul 25, 2008
Central ME
Our Enviro Empress was new this fall.
Here's the issue:

The auger works fine for the start-up, then after things get warmed up, it stops turning about 1/2 the time. The auger light is on, the motor is getting power and tries to turn, as if there's a jam, but it doesn't turn. I've opened up the auger tube and cleaned it out. There is definitely not a jam there. But I assume something is causing it to "stick"....

I don't think it could be a vacuum issue since from what I've read this would cause the stove to shut down completely, same with the high or low temp switches. But, perhaps someone might have an idea on this.

Any ideas on what to look for given this set of circumstances? It always, 100% of the time turns normally during start-up and only starts to fail once it is fully running and it seems to me just when it is reaching high heat. Unfortunately, I can't heat my house when I have to turn it off every time it starts to get warm.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bad auger motor. I have been throgh 3 of them on a new stove.
Try another one should be under warrantee and not to
hard to replace.

Jay

I tried bipassing the exhaust temp sensor and the vacuum switch just to rule those out. I am going to agree that I am definitely dealing with a bad auger. I'll work with the dealer on warranty since this is brand new -- I'll let you know if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.