Enviro Empress: Brand New, but squeeking sound is getting annoying.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2008
New Hampshire
I just had my Enviro Empress installed in October and am using it heavily now. I've started getting an intermittent high-pitched sound which seems to be coming from the left back portion of the stove. It sounds almost exactly like a cicada.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Is it the exhaust blower?

Thanks for your ideas and help.

I just posted this. I have had my stove for 3 years and this has just started, same location and same sound! please let me know if you have figured this out. Ours usually goes away in a 1/2 hour.

I have an Empress installed in the Stove Shop, same squeaking sound for about a 1/2 hour. I haven't been able to figure it out. I have sent an email into Technical.

I've got a new Empress and have not had this problem....yet. So far I love the stove. Great heat. Glad I went with cast iron over steel.

I had a strange sound similar to yours coming from mine (Empress insert). Here is what I did. The sound seam to happen when the auger tuned so I emptied the hopper clean the inside then took the auger tube cover off vacuumed all the pellets out. Why? I think it was the auger and a stuck pellet rubbing together it was just like your sound. Anyway I put a drop of oil on all the moving parts I could get to with a dropper and problem was solved sound is gone...hope this helps you some.

Status
Not open for further replies.