Enviro Empress Damper Closed Still Very Active Flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NTabb

Jan 26, 2016
Shepherdstown, WV
I bought a used 2006 Enviro Empress FS with the original generation 1 circuit board and its been a decent stove other that the small CFM convection blower on it. It's connected to a tee with a 4" liner 25' up a chimney. I'm curious on why I have such an active "torch like" flame even with the damper in the closed position. I removed the combustion fan just to make sure the sliding damper door was working and it is. I know on the newer boards the have the combustion trim which I could potentially lower the speed, but is this really the solution for making it more efficient or is there something else I should be looking at?

if you restrict the flue does the flame decrease? How tight is the seal on the damper?

Status
Not open for further replies.