Enviro Empress door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaterhunter

Dec 14, 2010
Maine
I'm across the street at my neighbors trying to fix his pellet stove. Checked Switches and cleanliness and looks good. Did a smoke check on the door and we're leaking like a SIV! The glass is just about free-floating between the random gasket distributed around the door. The glass is not fastened to the door other than the gasket???? No clips, no screws, no nothing except a corner of the gasket wrapping around the backside of the glass. Here's some pics of the door with the old gasket still there. Notice the lower gasket that never touches the glass... Was this installed correctly? Did Enviro plan on the gasket squeezing the backside of the glass to form a good seal? Thanks. Aaron ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357347685.630063.jpg

There was a recall on the entire door assembly a few years ago. Have you friend call the local dealer. The new assembly was free of charge.

Bad design, shame on you Enviro!!

I'm also somewhat familiar with that 'empress / gasket glass' issue and heard there was some type of recall - sure there are some threads floating around here and there on this. I have the predecessor to this model, the Windsor and although the glass is free floating as well (secured with that double bulb gasket) as far as I know, Windsors never had this problem, only on the Empress (my dealer is familiar with this issue as well). I have no idea what they changed? On my door, there is no gasket at the 'top' of the window, but this is for the airwash.

Long story short, I would think that any Enviro dealer will be able to quickly fix / replace this free of charge.

Thanks for the info. On point as usual==c. My neighbor hasn't gotten back to me but I get much more excited about things like this than most folk. Especially when a pellet stove comes back to life! The other design issue I see with this door is the lower bearing that the door latch hooks on to in order to encapsulate the lower portion of the door to the gasket can easily be non-engaged and when you lower the door latch it bends the cheap frame of the door. This was the case with my neighbor, had to bend the door back true. Thanks again for the info. Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.