enviro empress fpi not working no fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwj2357

Jan 22, 2011
CT
hi, I have an empress fpi, i hooked 110 to all motors and they all ran. I also hooked 110 directly to the igniter and it gets orange. the stove was working but ran out of pellets which its done many times before. it did need an annual cleaning which I did. Im very mechanically/electrically inclined meaning i didnt leave any wires off etc. Ive checked the vacuum line its clear and the vacuum switch is working 120vac on both sides of switch. Im now leaning towards the auger maybe. it seems to make noise but im not sure if its jhammed. not many pellets if any seem to come down(it used to make a strong clinking noise before) my board has one fuse which is good. I start it up with the daughter board let it go through its cycle and it shuts down with #3 flashing. i checked low temp sensor cleaned it but stove is never getting that hot. when I first had the problem you could see some action and sparks in burn pot but now nothing. Im not sure if i checked for ignitor being orange during nortmal starting procedure(pointing to board?) I know it gets orange with 110 directly to it. its about 3 years old and has run great since new.

please help with any ideas? how does the auger come apart? maybe i could check resisrtance on auger motor? anybody have that spec?

is your wood to wet? chimney not tall enough? not loading NE,SW. wait a minute, what kind of stove is that again? Sorry, nevermind

did you prime the auger after it ran out of pellets

Since you are mech. & elec. inclined, and say that all the motors ran (which means the auger motor did too), did you watch the auger itself inside the EMPTY hopper to make sure the auger is actually moving when the motor runs?

It's possible the auger set screw(?) is loose and allowing the motor to slip on the shaft.

You might want to remove the auger from the stove completely anyway and check for jammed pellets up inside the auger flight.

When mine has quit like this I have had to reset the over-temperature manual reset sensor on the right side around back. Every so often, once a month maybe, it kicks off for no apparent reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.