Enviro Empress FS igniter died need new one

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

seige101

Minister of Fire
Mar 25, 2008
Western MA
I knew it was going to happen some day! Stove is 5 or 6 years old.

Did my cleaning today, reloaded hit the button and walked away. Came back 20 mins later no fire, stove was ice cold. I checked to make sure i didn't put the burn pot in backwards. Dumped out the burn pot, hit the button again, igniter never glowed red and when i tested with my meter it showed open.

Anyone have a source for a replacement at a reasonable cost? $140 with a quick google is out of the budget right now!

Thanks
Tim

they are called heating cartridges. do a Google search and you will get some hits.

the problem is identifying the one you have and purchasing the correct one.

maybe take it out and go to a Grainger store with it and see if they can match it. there should be number values stamped on the old one.

good luck

I will take it out and bring it to work and look in the grainger bible! Thanks for the tip

Status
Not open for further replies.