Enviro empress Ignitor change help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

72tx340

Feb 10, 2009
maine
Hi all my ignitor has failed and i need to change it. Ive tried to get it out of the back of the stove but cant get to the bolts easily. The auger is in the way. Can the ignitor come out the front instead? With the entire tube? I had to leave the stove and go to work so i havent had a chance to look at it more.

Or if it comes out the back wouldnt the auger have to be removed as well?

you must get it from the rear....if its the insert remove distribution blower, if its the free stander you should be able to get at it from the right hand side (facing unit) without removing anything....I thinks.

Its a FS stove. The problem is you cant get to the bolts with a screwdriver because of the auger motor is in the way. I tried my chapmen bit set with a ratchet but that wont work because there isnt any room to move it up and down.

Someone reviewed one of these igniters on our site with a couple of suggested tools including the part numbers for the tools and it is one of the better directions I have found.

Reviewer: Keith Blake from Upper Falls, MD United States
... This part is a hard install due to the very limited space above the blower unit. Hard to get to the top screw (only two screws to install). It will require a small ratchet for tight spaces sold at Home Depot (#165-152). You still need a star type blade #T20 in a 1/2 " and 1-1/2" size to do the job. This is the second one I have installed in this stove over 5 years. It takes about 45 minutes if you have the proper tools.quote]

How far should the ignitor be sticking into the burnpot?, just picked up a stove and the ignitor is nowere near the pot, it's 1/2" shorter then the fresh air tube next to it

Status
Not open for further replies.