Enviro Empress Owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snoop832

Nov 21, 2010
Northern NJ
Where is the hole to take a reading for the vacuum pressure inside the firebox so I can use the magnehelic gauge to udjust the damper. Anyone have a picture? Thanks A

Do not know about yours but on the M55 Cast Insert it is above the door on the right hand side. On mine it was a number eight screw you had to remove. Take Note: The damned screw hole "appears" to be NOT threaded. Looks like they drilled a hole and used self tapping screws (mickey mouse). I had to drill it out and then thread the hole, I used a number 10 screw. Obviously it was a PIA...the first screw broke trying to get it out. Lots of fun. On mine there is really no provision to put a nipple there and appropriate tubing for the guage. Had to hold a fitting tightly to the hole. I did get it adjusted by doing this BUT you would think for the price of these stoves they would be better thought out. What should have been a very quick job was not. Check Enviro site for location of your screw..should be in the manual.

Thanks NH... I could definitliy use a picture if someone can post one... Thanks A

There is a technical manual on their site..It says the hole is below the door in the center if this is a FS Stove..Check it out..

OK Great, i'll check it and take a pick of it to post it.
Thanks A

If the fpi is similar there is a small 1/8" hole in the ash pan front. To the right of the screwdriver slot for ash pan removal. Like I said this is on an insert, I haven't checked on a free standing empress.

Status
Not open for further replies.