Enviro Empress

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainiac

Sep 23, 2008
Maine
I have been a member here for quite a while and considered the forum an invaluable tool when researching my previous woodstove purchase.

I find myself seriously considering converting from wood to pellet heat next year or maybe this year if the right deal came along. That said I have found two used Enviro Empress Pellet stoves for sale locally, One is a 2006 and the other a 2009. When researching the Enviro website for manuals there appears to be a gap from 2006 to 2010. Did they not make the stove for those years?

I have done enough research to be moderately comfortable that this style of stove is what I am looking for. However my other question is in regard to venting and OAK. I will be venting into an existing two flue block/clay lined center chimney on the first floor. I assume I will need to line the flue with a stainless liner? The chimney begins in the basement with the other flue servicing my oil burner and both flues have cleanouts at the basement level. What is the best way to vent a pellet stove into this current chimney? To be clear I want the pellet stove to REPLACE the woodstove.

With regard to OAK Enviro says in newer airtight homes or mobile's that the OAK is required. I assume since my log home was built in 2007, according to their specs I would need an OAK. How is this acheived with a center chimney and no outside wall in site? Is a smaller vent line run up the chimney and exited through the vent cap in addition to the liner?

I have attached a picture of my current woodstove setup as well.

All insight would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20130119_174912.jpg
    20130119_174912.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 102
I have been a member here for quite a while and considered the forum an invaluable tool when researching my previous woodstove purchase.

I find myself seriously considering converting from wood to pellet heat next year or maybe this year if the right deal came along. That said I have found two used Enviro Empress Pellet stoves for sale locally, One is a 2006 and the other a 2009. When researching the Enviro website for manuals there appears to be a gap from 2006 to 2010. Did they not make the stove for those years?

I have done enough research to be moderately comfortable that this style of stove is what I am looking for. However my other question is in regard to venting and OAK. I will be venting into an existing two flue block/clay lined center chimney on the first floor. I assume I will need to line the flue with a stainless liner? The chimney begins in the basement with the other flue servicing my oil burner and both flues have cleanouts at the basement level. What is the best way to vent a pellet stove into this current chimney? To be clear I want the pellet stove to REPLACE the woodstove.

With regard to OAK Enviro says in newer airtight homes or mobile's that the OAK is required. I assume since my log home was built in 2007, according to their specs I would need an OAK. How is this acheived with a center chimney and no outside wall in site? Is a smaller vent line run up the chimney and exited through the vent cap in addition to the liner?

I have attached a picture of my current woodstove setup as well.

All insight would be greatly appreciated!

Mainiac,
I own the bigger sibling of the Enviro Empress, which I purchased in november of 2014...I've loved it, and can point you to one kind of answer re: putting an OAK up a chimney...

check out my post at:
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...chimney-m-55-other-stuff.143588/#post-1956822

best wishes!
tom

Status
Not open for further replies.