Enviro fan issue's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnL48

Feb 21, 2014
NJ
I have an Enviro Empress insert with fan issues. The exhaust fan vibrates to the point the stove rattles and drives us nuts and the combustion blower has a knocking sound like a bad engine. Both fans were replaced and the stove was quiet for a few weeks now the noises are back. When the service guy replaced the combustion fan there was a lot of play in the fan blade. ( moving back and forth on the shaft ) which was the issue. Now the new fan is doing the same. Can I take the fan blade off the shaft and add a washer to help or will I destroy the fan. The service guy won't even come back. Thinks we are nuts.

Do you still have the old fans? May want to try out mod on the old one first.

Take a video of the stove with new fans first and capture the fan sounds. Pay a visit to the dealer/service man ...

Hello John how old is your empress?? Back in 2008-09 Enviro had some Motherboards with triac issues made blowers make excessive noise either bad fan you got there or possibly motherboard causing issue??? Voltage being delivered unsmoothly to the fans, can you put direct power to the fans, or if your tech comes back have him do it. That's how I stumbled across this problem myself years ago, replacing with a new motor soon had same symptoms back. Worth checking into, instead of keep destroying new blowers...... good luck.

Hello

I installed a brand new combustion fan and after a few mins, I heard a pop and rattle. The set screw that holds the blades in place was never tightened down at the factory so the blades fell off! After tightening the set screw it was fine. Therefore you should not need a washer IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.