enviro fire ef3 bayi input needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slackerzchop

Dec 26, 2015
pennsylvania
Looking at my first pellet stove, used in nice condition, gonna pick it up for around 400 , any watchouts for thus stove. Looking to supplement electric heat 1100 sq ft ranch.. Thanks in advance . John

They seem to be fairly reliable. Ask to see it burn so you know the board is OK and fans start up as they should. Should be able to download the manual to figure out it's capabilities beforehand.

Doesn't have to be hooked up for the test ... just outside!

Reactions: slackerzchop
That stove is analog dials and timer blocks vice control board. Very simple and dependable design. Its prob in need of deep cleaning and I'd try to see it run too if possible. If its not super old, 400 is a great price. Made by Enviro for many years, its a heat producer, should handle your area nicely. The dial a fire control sets the feed settings, the convection blower is independent control rheostat. One of my favorite heaters....

Looking at my first pellet stove, used in nice condition, gonna pick it up for around 400 , any watchouts for thus stove. Looking to supplement electric heat 1100 sq ft ranch.. Thanks in advance . John

Thanks for the input , picked it up Saturday seems very clean and appears to burn fine so far. Ingnitor doesn't seem to work ,I lit it manually.

Attachments

• IMAG2939.jpg
    IMAG2939.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 319
Gonna go through entire stove and check as much as I can , burned outside for well over an hour. It was is super clean, no soot, or ash , a bit dusty that's all.

Attachments

• IMAG2940.jpg
    IMAG2940.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 236
  • IMAG2938.jpg
    IMAG2938.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 332
That's kind of what I was looking for a good older stove with more analog controls, can't find much reviews on these, glad you all have had good words to say about them, I enjoy older well made things that are more mechanical and I can work on if needed. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 00L0L_77Ov9zsx8UQ_600x450.jpg
    00L0L_77Ov9zsx8UQ_600x450.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 01515_h5nOwO4g77w_600x450.jpg
    01515_h5nOwO4g77w_600x450.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 163
Keep I Clean . Do a complete tare down once
a year for a deep cleaning
If you do that It will give you a warm feeling for a lot of years

Pellet stoves are a physical endeavor ... hauling pellets cleaning routines, and most repairs are fairly simple. Thanks for the pics. Keep us posted on your install. Where are you installing?

Edit: Johneh has a point. While still outside, give it a good clean with compressed air on fans and internal exhaust passages so you can leave the dust outside!

Hi slacker, Enviro makes a pretty good ignitor, I'd measure the ohmage of it (without Power on of course), if good it will read 35-40 ohms. I think there is a timer that supplies power to it but there is also an inline switch that interrupts the power (switch opens) when heated (like when the stove is running). Its in the exhaust path too and sometimes it gets dirty and does not function properly. If the stove is cold, it should be reading closed (0 Ohms). So remember the ignitor could be good, but the switch could be stuck in the open position and not allow power to reach the ignitor.....good luck with her.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lake Girl
Hi slacker, Enviro makes a pretty good ignitor, I'd measure the ohmage of it (without Power on of course), if good it will read 35-40 ohms. I think there is a timer that supplies power to it but there is also an inline switch that interrupts the power (switch opens) when heated (like when the stove is running). Its in the exhaust path too and sometimes it gets dirty and does not function properly. If the stove is cold, it should be reading closed (0 Ohms). So remember the ignitor could be good, but the switch could be stuck in the open position and not allow power to reach the ignitor.....good luck with her.

So ignitor is shot, any idea where the best place to get a new one is? looks like it was physically damaged by the Previous owner. thanks again for the help. much appreciated.

Some inner workings pics.

Attachments

• IMAG2986.jpg
    IMAG2986.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 482
  • IMAG2988.jpg
    IMAG2988.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 276
  • IMAG2989.jpg
    IMAG2989.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 309
Any Enviro dealer in your area should stock. (PN 50-1067, retails for about 150.00)

pull that convection blower off and clean it. It's one of last spot most people get to, as it really needs to be removed for a proper cleaning. One of the worst i came across was a customer that complained the stove didn't put out heat like it used to. They thought the blower was bad, i pulled it out and could not see any fins at all. It was full of dog hair and dust and i was able to remove it all intack, looking like a grey furry doughnut

Status
Not open for further replies.