Enviro Fire EF3I problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

isthf

Sep 20, 2012
End of heating season this year the exhaust/combustion fan seized. ordered new one. Went to install it and got an arc to chassis. (I didn't unplug the unit). Started the troubleshooting procedure. Startup timer module is bad. ordered new one. Finished troubleshooting and auger timer bad now. ordered new one. Checked ohm reading on ignitor and it reads 61 ohms. 11 ohms over book top end setting. This will be the 12th heating season. Question 1. Is there a way to check the timer modules with an ohm meter? Question 2. The old auger module ran with the ignitor. Can I take the ignitor out of the system? I don't want to have to buy a new one.

the ohms range looks to be ~68K-806K (high fire to low fire), open circuit at full counter clockwise position.

the ohms range looks to be ~68K-806K (high fire to low fire), open circuit at full counter clockwise position.

I was referring to the resistance of the ignitor as it relates to the startup timer (30 - 50 ohms +/- 3 ohms). Also is there a way to check the timers to see if they operable without
putting them through the troubleshooting sequence which could destroy them?

Status
Not open for further replies.