Enviro has posted there EPA tested numbers!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtakeman

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2008
Northwestern CT.
www.facebook.com
Hello All,

I have noticed that Enviro has posted there EPA tested stove numbers on there website. I believe they are the first to do so.

Example: EF3Bi Freestanding Stove

Advertised Max BTU = 40,000

EPA Tested Efficiency = 32,567

75.8% EPA Tested Efficiency

I wonder what pellets they used in the testing?

I also wonder how some of the other Manufactors will test at?

Hope they all start releasing there EPA numbers.

Just fyi
jay

Harman, St Croix, Quadra Fire, and Bixby have poeted their EPA requirements quite some time ago.

My St. Croix was said to be 85% efficient...i wonder how it tested out?

Ghettontheball said:
i get my calc & do 32567/40000= 81.4% & wonder WTF!

Pook,

Enviro rated at 80%

EPA rated at 75.8%

I think they took the max amount of pellets burned per hour. say 6 lbs and Multiply the per pound BTU 8000. Thats 48,000 BTU total Enviro got 80% so 40,000.(I don't know the real numbers here. just a guess.)

The EPA numbers are different and I don't feel like trying to figure it out. You would need the real total lbs/hr. burned and there rated BTU of the burned pellets. You are better at the math then I am go for it!

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.