ENVIRO KODIAK 1200 INSERT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
Didn't see any in the ratings section. Anyone burn one of these, or have any info on the Kodiak model? They are made by Enviro. I looked at the 1200 insert today. Only thing I didn't like was the thin ceramic foam baffle. Here are some of the specs.

5/16" steel, 1.85 cu ft fire box, 800-1500 sq ft heating area, 6-10 hr burn time, 3.3 gph.

Stove price $1300
liner $400
Surround $200
Install $400-500
Total $2400

That's well under $3k installed! Very tempting to me. I could save more if I installed my self and bought a liner online.

5/16" is quite thick, surprising to see that to tell you the truth.

no way you'll see 10 hours on 1.85 cu ft though. That's a pipe dream imo.

A couple of people around the Forum last year got new Kodiak 1700 inserts and loved them. I wanted one but the local yokel claimed he wasn't a dealer. I sent a note to Enviro and a few months later got one from the "dealer" saying I must have been mistaken. Said he sold them but just didn't stock'em. A little different from him telling me "never heard of'em" when I talked to him on the phone.

I blew it off.

On the thin ceramic baffle side, the 30-NC has a thin one (two piece) also. If it wasn't two piece it would be fine. I am trying to find out from ESW about maybe putting a thin piece of stainless under it to keep the draft from seperating the halves but mysteriously have not heard anything back.

Corie said:
What's the reason for it being two piece BB?

Ya really need to ask Bob but my take on it is so it will fit through the door. The two pieces together are wider than the door. That or they were on sale. ;-)

I have seen others do two pieces but they mitre them and they overlap in the center.

Hi todd i think you should look into napoleon insert , they have the same combustion technology at a better price .

BrotherBart said:
Corie said:
What's the reason for it being two piece BB?

Ya really need to ask Bob but my take on it is so it will fit through the door. The two pieces together are wider than the door. That or they were on sale. ;-)

I have seen others do two pieces but they mitre them and they overlap in the center.

The Kodiak has the two piece that overlaps. I'm kind of affraid I'd hit it with a chunk of wood and break it or seperate it in half.

Todd, Regency uses the two 1" thick ceramic baffles which rest on top of the four sec. burn tubes.My in-laws have been burning one for years-loading large splits-never had ony problems with their insert.

No problems with the ceramic baffles guys. The reason it comes in two pieces is to make easy for them to be removed and reinstalled for sweeping or maintenance purposes.
These come with a LIFETIME WARRANTY. If they fail for any reason, ENVIRO replaces them no questions asked.

By the way, I own and operate an Enviro Kodiak 1200 Wood Insert. Two years of operation -- and not a single problem or concern with the baffles.

I have the 1700 and the ceramic baffels aren't a issue. The thing throws out some heat, I have banged the secondary tubes reloading but being the baffles lay on top of the tubes they are pretty much safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.