Enviro Kodiak 1200 wood burning insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jayj_79

Feb 7, 2013
I just got my insert installed a week ago tomorrow, and have been burning it 24-7 since the day after the install. Looking for any tips on how to get the most heat produced as I only have a 500 square ft main floor, half the floor is wide open where the insert sits and the other half has two rooms and the stair case to the second storey (300 square ft) and stairs to the back door/basement. I can't seem to get the temp up past 15 in the sectioned off half of the house or upstairs in the two bedrooms. I am burning seasoned maple hardwood but I don't find I'm getting as much heat out as the brochure says for the size of my house.
Also wondering how often people are cleaning out the ashes, I was thinking to do this once a week. I'm starting to get a fair amount of ash(powder) after almost a week of burning and find the embers burn out at the back of the stove long before the fire does. I'm thinking this is because the air valve is at the front? and wondering if I need to pull those embers to the front to get completely burnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.