Enviro Kodiak 1700 Insert Fan Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mschuenke

Dec 10, 2009
Biddeford, Maine
I've had my Enviro Kodiak 1700 Insert for about a year and it worked great last winter. This year, the fan is no longer working properly. I can hear it turn on when the insert reaches the right temp, but doesn't blow air. Not sure if it's an intake problem or a turning problem or what? I also can't figure out how to get the sheath off, so I can access the fan. I've removed the surround and every screw/bolt I can find, but the sheath won't come off.

Any ideas what is wrong with the fan and/or how I can get to it?

Thanks

Hello Firestarter,

I'm not sure if the Kodiak is put together the same way as my new Venice 1700 but if it is then maybe I can help. When I installed the Venice, I was pulling my hair out trying to take off the front so that I could get to the blower and also bring a piece back to the shop that was broken. The directions read that you can lift the shelf part of the stove off but I found that I needed to search around and loosen the bolts on the side of the shelf in order to pick that up. I used a socket with an extension to get in there and loosen the bolts. You'll need to search a little but they're in there, two on each side. After removing the shelf you'll need a Torx bit to remove the front of the stove (not the surround, but the piece with the blower screens). When you get this piece off then you can get into the fan. If you can pull the surround off without removing the front of the stove then I think it's not fully connected. If I had to guess, a lot of installers probably just slide the surround onto the stove and push the stove back to the hearth without connecting it. This is how the guy was going to install mine but I decided to do it myself because I didn't like some of his methods. I have my manual at work but I'll try to look at it tomorrow and give you a more descriptive answer.

I have the same insert and just took mine apart for a cleaning.If you look on the back side of the shrouds after removing the surround you will see 2 access holes on each in the sheet metal on the back side of the shrouds. I stuck a torx bit on an 1/4 inch drive extension and loosened them up and the rest was easy.The instructions do leave a little to be desired. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.