Enviro M5-Fs Multi fuel pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lauriet

Dec 4, 2016
Perth
whoever said this was the quietest stove is wrong. the fan i think its theblower fan on the left hand side if your looking at the stove from the front makes an ear piercing humm/squeal all the time we have replaced it last year and it doesnt seem to help. Any suggestions because it is driving me nuts and about ot go out the door

Did you buy an original manufacturer's part or an aftermarket unit?
have you taken it out cleaned it and oiled the bearings?
Are you sure it is the combustion fan and not the convection fan?

If it is brand new then why are you doing the work it would be under warranty?

It says you are in Perth is that Perth Ontario Canada?

Reactions: Ssyko
May be It will be simple to help you
I live in Lanark if you want my son and I will come and look at your stove
PM me John

Reactions: Ssyko
O)K

Its brand new and we have taken both fans out and cleaned and the bearings are sealed
No, they aren't. There are 2 types of 'sealed' bearings. The very expensive 'hermetically' sealed bearings (that you do not have) and the cheaper dust seal bearings (you do have), commonly referred to as 'skate' bearings.

The external dust shield will allow oil to migrate into the bearing and / or you can pop off the outer shield with a small screwdriver or pointed tool and oil the races and then replace the 'dust shield'.

The environment the fans operate in is dusty and hot, consequently, they need either lubricated regularly or replaced regularly. I prefer lubricating them with light machine oil myself. Over 20 operating years on mine with no issues but I lubricate them every spring when I 'mothball' my unit for warmer months.

Reactions: johneh