Enviro M55 Cast Insert rattle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

libirm

Jun 1, 2008
Long Island, NY
Second year with my stove- it has developed a rattle.
I know what it is , I just don't know how to fix it.
The thing that is rattling is the metal rod that connects to the baffle; it's brass in color in the front, its seems to clean the upper portion of the chamber, the tube section.
Tried tightening it up but it still rattles.
Only thing that gave some relief, is that a I thoroughly clean the inside of the stove removing the baffle and vacuuming the entire chamber , but it still rattles a bit now and then, even when I shut it down.
So any thoughts?

Sorry, are you saying it rattles even when the stove is off? And are we talking about the handle rod that protrudes out of the unit and connects to the baffle or something internal?

Sorry, are you saying it rattles even when the stove is off? And are we talking about the handle rod that protrudes out of the unit and connects to the baffle or something internal?

No it only rattles while it is running whether to heat or to cool down to shut off.
Yes the rod in the front that you can get to if you open the door.

The only thing near there would be the convection blower afaik. Maybe this weekend take a look at the ol' squirrel cage and clean her out. If it's off balance the vibration may be coming through the stove and affecting that rod since it's the only thing not bolted in place? Just a guess. Or get a chunk of magnet off an old pair of speakers and stick it under the rod so it doesn't rattle anymore until you can fix it! But seriously, my guess is the convection blower fan is dirty. If it was the combustion fan I assume it wouldn't be an issue during cool down since I believe it shuts off after a certain amount of time and the convection blower keeps running. If nothing else this will get bumped and maybe someone else has an idea. My blower needs to be oiled but it doesn't rattle on the cleaning rod. Post when you figure it out as I'm sure it's just a matter of time before mine does the same thing.

I know what you are talking about. It is the rod that cleans the underside of the convection tubes. mine does the same thing, but is easily quited by leaving it pulled out just a small amount then close the door. All the rod does is to clean the ash build up on the bottom of the tubes.

Status
Not open for further replies.