Enviro M55 Cast Multi-fuel Fireplace Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plowboy

Mar 9, 2008
Indiana
My daughter just bought a Enviro M55 Cast Multi-fuel Fireplace Insert. Any one have one?? Does it do a good job?
Maybe I should have asked before she bought one...Let's hope we see some good reports... So who has one>>

Bill

I just installed mine today and it's been running for about 10 hours. I did lots of research on inserts and was having a hard time deciding between the Harmen Accentra and the M55C insert. I was able to find a stove shop that had both installed and running side by side and it only took me a few minutes to make my decision. The Enviro is much, much more quit and even though it may seem that the blower is not pushing out the air is hard, the M55C puts out 200cfm vs 180cfm for the Accentra and it is noticeable as the Enviro felt like it was pushing a lot more heat out. The Eviro is also 55,000btu vs 42,000btu for the Accentra.

So far I am very pleased with the stove, the house is a nice warm 70 downstairs and around 67 upstairs. It has been a warmer day today though, about 40 out, so the real test will be when the temp gets down in the teens. I'm heating about 2,000sq/ft.

Attachments

• M55C_FPI.jpg
    M55C_FPI.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,288
Looks really nice!!! I like the way you 'kid proofed' it! What did you use?

I'm sure everyone will ask you if there is a surge protector on the other end of that power cord. :) I have 'The Energy Detective' installed in my house and we had two spikes today of 146.1 Volts! It stays pretty steady around 118 to 122. This was the second time I've seen this in the last 3 weeks. I have APC constant voltage transformers on mine plus my entertainment equipment.

Plowboy said:
My daughter just bought a Enviro M55 Cast Multi-fuel Fireplace Insert. Any one have one?? Does it do a good job?
Maybe I should have asked before she bought one...Let's hope we see some good reports... So who has one>>

Bill

Hi Bill,

I live in Idaho. I was informed by one of the employees, that the local building supply company has used ONLY the Enviro M55 to heat the entire store. Last year, they used the 3 or 4 furnaces to the tune of several thousands of dollars in energy costs. This season, they run it 24/7- load it 2x per day and have used 2 tons of pellets. It sounds like a lot of pellets, but the store is about as big as the average grocery store if not larger.

I think she did good

tjnamtiw said:
Looks really nice!!! I like the way you 'kid proofed' it! What did you use?

I'm sure everyone will ask you if there is a surge protector on the other end of that power cord. :) I have 'The Energy Detective' installed in my house and we had two spikes today of 146.1 Volts! It stays pretty steady around 118 to 122. This was the second time I've seen this in the last 3 weeks. I have APC constant voltage transformers on mine plus my entertainment equipment.

Thanks for compliment! The safety gate is the KidCo HearthGate. Very easy to install and very sturdy. My 21 month old climbs all over it (mostly to test Mom and Dad) and it barely moves.

I don't have a surge protector hooked up yet, shame on me I know, but I am going to install a dedicated circuit for the stove with surge protection built in. Leviton makes a few variations. When Holms on Homes used to be aired here in the States I saw that he would install a whole house surge protector right in the panel. I'm going to look at doing that as well, that way everything in the house is protected. I currently have a Monster Cable surge protector for my home theater system.

Plowboy said:

Bill

Have had mine since November. Love it. It's quiet, keeps the house nice and warm.

Attachments

• pellet stove.jpg
    pellet stove.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 876
My m55 cast agitator is starting to grind, is there anything i should be doing to stop it from making the noise???

Remove the burnpot liner and scrape all the carbon off from it. If it builds up enough, the agitator will scrape against the carbon causing noise. The carbon can be deceptive...you really need to take the burnpot liner to your workbench and look at it carefully under good light.
Flynfrfun

Carbon build up is most likely the cause but you can also get this noise if a pellet gets pinched between an arm on the agitator and the burn pot.

Having more troubles with my m55 cast. My high level switch keeps tripping, I just got done cleaning it and it still tripped the high level switch. Is there anything I should be doing???

slick said:
Having more troubles with my m55 cast. My high level switch keeps tripping, I just got done cleaning it and it still tripped the high level switch. Is there anything I should be doing???

I had the same problem. There is an update for the auger feed cover. Check with your dealer, my dealer came out and installed the updated cover.

Enviro seems to be on top of issues like that. The new auger cover plate brings the feed rate down to a top burn of 55,000 BTUs. With the older cover, The stove was feeding to burn at a rate of 75,000 BTUs. Parts and labor should be covered under warranty through the dealer that you purchased the stove from. But all in all I have heard nothing but good things about the Enviro machines. I have a friend who has the M55 cast FS stove and it is an impressive machine. The M55 Insert is the same as the FS just made into an insert. If I were to buy/replace a stove in the future I would go with the Enviro. Tell your daughter she made an outstanding choice. I think most of us here would agree with that. Happy Burning!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.