enviro m55 fs "Feed Rate" question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose1

Jan 8, 2012
Michigan

I read in the owners manual that the "feed rate" adjustment works.........as they say.................in conjunction with the "heat leavel adjustment" buttons. Question: All things equal, does that mean that I should set the feed rate at the same number level that the heat level adjustment is on? For example, feed rate at #1 equals heat level adjustment at #1 and so on and so on? Appreciate any thoughts on this. Thanks.

Hey goose,

Its not feed rate. Its feed trim and you can use 1 thru 5 for each heat setting 1 thru 5.

Start with the default trim settings until you get a feel for the stove/pellet combination. Watch the fire closely. If it is fluctuating? Go up 1 feed trim setting at a time until it just starts to burn consistent. Go to high you'll get black glass(too rich). Go back down one setting and decrease the combustion blower trim one setting.

If it is leaving black stuff on your glass, Go down 1 trim setting until it turns gray in color. Go to low it will start fluctuating(too lean). Go back up 1 feed trim setting and increase the combustion blower trim one setting.

Hope it helps. ;-)

Okay...I am full of questions today!!!

Newbie...Newbie...Newbie

I looked through my manual last night, but whether it was the six beers or just me being stupid, I could not figure out how to change my feed trim. It is still set on 3, and I would like to lower it to 2 as it seems I am getting quite a bit of pellet spillage out the sides of the burnpot.

Side note...Be careful when cleaning the glass on the M55's, I sliced my finger pretty good last night on the steel at the edge of the window on the hinged side.

Eatonpcat, Hold the trim button and and use heat level arrows up or down. The trim levels for feed or combustion need
to pressed and and held in while making the adjustment.

Thanks...I thought I tried that, But I was only using one hand and probably didn't get both buttons pushed correctly. I will try again tonight with my new knowledge!!

Eatonpcat, beginning to wonder about you and stoves.

They have all kinds of gotchas, many are down right deadly. Maybe you need asbestos lined body armor, welding hood, and gloves ;-).

SmokeyTheBear said:

They have all kinds of gotchas, many are down right deadly. Maybe you need asbestos lined body armor, welding hood, and gloves ;-).

I like the way you think Bear... Any Direction as to where I should look to get the asbestos lined body armor?? Ebay??

I will have to post a picture of myself next time I suit up for cleaning!!

Eatonpcat said:
SmokeyTheBear said:

I like the way you think Bear... Any Direction as to where I should look to get the asbestos lined body armor?? Ebay??

I will have to post a picture of myself next time I suit up for cleaning!!

You can search EBay, Overstock, and Amazon maybe you find parts of the new cleaning kit at each of them.

It takes me a long while before I really feel comfortable poking around in a new toy.

I keep seeing cans of bandaids and tubes of neosporine given all of the edges, tight quarters, exposed screw points, and wiring that looks like a 4 year old did that job.

Status
Not open for further replies.