Enviro M55 help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jtakeman said:
Flyn, Whats your start voltage?

If your in a GFI outlet, Try a standard outlet. Or is it in a UPS? Try without. I not sure a UPS would have an effect, Just a wild guess!

I'll check again, but in the past, I checked and it was somewhere around 117v. No GFI on this circuit.

flynfrfun said:
jtakeman said:
Flyn, Whats your start voltage?

If your in a GFI outlet, Try a standard outlet. Or is it in a UPS? Try without. I not sure a UPS would have an effect, Just a wild guess!

I'll check again, but in the past, I checked and it was somewhere around 117v. No GFI on this circuit.

Could you measure no load and full load at the outlet. Just for giggles. And one last Q, Is this a dedicated circuit for just the stove? If anything else is on the circuit try removing them just to be sure.

Sure sounds like a flaky controller IMHO.

I'll see if I can get that. It's not so easy with an insert to get back there as I have to roll it out each time. But, I may be able to get the readings thru the OAK hole w/out pulling the stove out.

Called my dealer and he is waiting on the distributor to call him back. He thinks it may be something as simple as setting the proper program into the control panel. He made it sound like I would press a series of buttons and it would flash out a code telling me what firmware/software version it has. He thinks something happened that caused it to revert to an incorrect version. He also acted like I may be able to get it to the correct version by following his instructions. I'll let you all know what he finds out as I'm sure others will be very curious if this is in fact true what he is saying.

Thats funny, did you change any jumper settings on the controller when you installed your turbo blower?

Is there a fuel selector on your controller?

SmokeyTheBear said:
Thats funny, did you change any jumper settings on the controller when you installed your turbo blower?

Is there a fuel selector on your controller?

No, I didn't change jumpers when I installed the new blower. Yes, there is a fuel selector switch on the controller. I can go with premium, standard of multi-fuel. I run in premium always. Also, I've turned off power to the stove and then turned it back on later hoping it would reset, but no luck.

There is no mention in the manual I have about having the fuel selector in any particular mode when checking the voltages. Which makes sense since the normal thing that should change would be the feed and agitator timings.

I agree Smokey. The dealer made it sound like I would not be messing with jumpers, but rather a magical sequence of buttons on the control pad. Hopefully, he hears back soon.

J-
I checked voltage....it varies between 118v and 119v with or without load.
Flynfrfun

Well did you get the "magic" sequence from your dealer yet?

Times a wasting and the warranty clock is a running.

Smokey,
No, he is still talking to the distributor. He did find out the M55 doesn't have the programmable mother board. I guess some other stoves in the Enviro line do. So, he is waiting on feedback from them on what to do. I forwarded him my voltage readings, so they will have that. My warranty won't be up until Nov 2012, so I've got some time to get this fixed. Plus, here in the NW we will be heating until nearly June anyways, so I've got plenty of time to fart around with it.

My dealer let me know that the distributor has ordered a new mother board for me. I'll let you all know what I think when I get it installed. Not sure when that will be....

Nothing like a nice hot fire in July!>>

Actually, that is possible around here. Last year we were still using heat on occasion in early July. While our temps don't get super cold like a lot of places, we stay somewhere between the 30's to 50's for about 9-10 months of the year. :(

Hmmmm, I'm betting somethings drawing down the current. Maybe a bad cap or motor???

I mentioned that the combustion blower has a cap back in post #21 in this thread, but we will see, the folks at Enviro are doing the board thing.

Actually, that is possible around here. Last year we were still using heat on occasion in early July. While our temps don't get super cold like a lot of places, we stay somewhere between the 30's to 50's for about 9-10 months of the year. :(

Ouch...Note to self, Do not except any job offers in WA!;)

I mentioned that the combustion blower has a cap back in post #21 in this thread, but we will see, the folks at Enviro are doing the board thing.

I suppose a triac could be over clipping. But I doubt it would do it on both blowers. You'd usually see it on only one. Anything on the board that might bleed current with out popping the fuse? I don't really see anything. Tough to say without having hands on it and some probes stuck to it!

If the cap was drawing excessive current wouldn't it get hot? I have an IR thermometer that I might be able to point at it while the stove is running.

I sent the voltages to them, so they have that info.

If the cap was drawing excessive current wouldn't it get hot? I have an IR thermometer that I might be able to point at it while the stove is running.

I sent the voltages to them, so they have that info.

I'd wouldn't go looking for that part to be hot, it is a question of what it might have done when it failed (if it fiailed). Caps are also temperature sensitive and funny things can happen under high heat conditions. In general all of the control parts in a pellet stove do not play well with heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.