Enviro M55 Insert Multi-Fuel Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kykel,
I think lowering the auger cover plate is just going to make him have to turn the feed trim up to make up the difference. Yes, he will use less pellets...but also get less heat. That plate idea was a band-aid fix IMHO that was truly rectified with the higher output convection blower. I'm not an expert, but that's my opinion.

My local dealer just installed an M55 cast that has the old blower. I was amazed at how hot the stove was...it's no wonder they were tripping the high limit switch. With the new blower, mine does not get nearly as hot. Yes, the air coming from the heat exchangers is cooler than it was, but it was way too hot before. I'm getting 240F at heat level 3, feed trim 3 and it's moving a lot of air. I am burning Douglas Fir pellets which are pretty hot though.

Hey...that's an idea...maybe FredinBoston can measure the temp of the air coming out of his heat exchangers (bump up the feed trim to 3) and we can compare to see if the stove is putting out about what it should.

So how would I know I will have the new blower. I am getting it installed on the 28th and ordered it last Saturday....

just seems that for me to go through a bag in nine hours id have to set the feed rate at 4 or 5. Hes at 2. So his at setting 2 is burning like mine at 5 so he must have quite a large fire.He must be throwing some heat. too much for the #2 setting. So if the auger was feeding less by adjusting the cover it might be less heat but appropriate for setting # 2 Does that make any sense? I do have the adjustable cover plate and the upgraded convection blower and mine seems to burn at a good rate

cuznvin said:
So how would I know I will have the new blower. I am getting it installed on the 28th and ordered it last Saturday....

All of the new stoves have it. But if your dealer's supplier has an older one in his warehouse, you could still get one with the old blower. I'd tell them you only want it with the new blower. If it doesn't, then tell them you either want one with the new blower, or to order the new blower and have them install it in the stove at no charge to you. I don't know of any way to know without actually looking at it and seeing if it is the one I referenced in my post above.

cuznvin said:

I have it vin and I ordered my in october. there was a sticker on the box that stated "new blower". If you look at the blower on the motor side the motor will be round and black. The old one was square an black. ther was a post with pictures of the old and new. Alao ask Bill.

I interpreted his post to mean he was on heat level 3, feed trim 2, combustion air trim 3.

I might do a run at that setting and compute my pellet usage for him to compare to, if he confirms his settings for me. If he gets me his air temp at the heat exchanger, then we can truly tell if his stove is putting out the correct amount of heat for his pellet usage. Of course, I'm not burning Lignetics, so that will be the variable I can't do a direct comparison to.

kykel said:
cuznvin said:

I have it vin and I ordered my in october. there was a sticker on the box that stated "new blower". If you look at the blower on the motor side the motor will be round and black. The old one was square an black. ther was a post with pictures of the old and new. Alao ask Bill.

Thanks!!

cuznvin said:
libirm said:
Well-
Box for insert ready, wall painted, 2 ton pellets ordered, stove schedule for Friday install,
I am ready! :)

Who is doing your install? What pellets did you order?

I went with Agway, their premium pellets got a pretty good rating if I understood it right;- $275 a ton + 55 del. I did not want to be forced to buy out of desperation or wait 2 weeks for a delivery. It will get me started at least.

Brick Fix doing the install

libirm said:
cuznvin said:
libirm said:
Well-
Box for insert ready, wall painted, 2 ton pellets ordered, stove schedule for Friday install,

I went with Agway, their premium pellets got a pretty good rating if I understood it right;- $275 a ton + 55 del. I did not want to be forced to buy out of desperation or wait 2 weeks for a delivery. It will get me started at least.

Are they Agway Branded?

I think Enviro says the stove burns 6.5lbs/hr on heat level 5. That's only about 6-7hrs/bag. Heat level 3 should be about 4lbs/hr which is about 10hrs/bag.

cuznvin said:
libirm said:
cuznvin said:
libirm said:
Well-

Are they Agway Branded?

Yes-
http://www.agway.com/catalog/home_a..._pellets/05900063_agway_wood_pellet_40lb.html

KYKEL-
Thanks for your posts- I be in panic mode otherwise....hope to see you soon @ brick fix...to talk about the stoves to make sure I am getting it right.

I used the agway brand in my old stove with good results and my old stove was picky. 275 a ton Isnt bad either. they were asking 300 at port jeff last year. I only used a few bags in the shoulder season but liked them.

This post seems to have taken a few turns along the way but here are a few comments that I can make about my stove:

1. I am heating just around 2200sq/ft. With the mild temps that we are having now in NH, I can keep the stove at heat level #1 and the house stays in the upper 60s downstairs and mid to upper 60s upstairs.

2. At heat level #1, the stove burns just a about 1 bag in a 24 hour period. I believe that my auger trim is at 2 and convection blower is at 3. I will have to check to be 100% sure. Pellet type setting is Premium.

3. I can easily get more than 1 bag of pellets in the stove. I have never measure the amount, but it has to be close to the 60 pounds that the manufacturer states will fit in the stove. Have to really get my hands in there and push the pellets into the back of the hopper.

4. When the temps start to get much lower (35 or less) for a consistent amount of time, I run the stove in Hi/Low mode with the Hi level being at heat level #3. With this, I have never had the high limit switch trip. Pellet consumption in the mode is surely going to change with the outside temps, and I have not owned the stove long enough in the really cold season to get an accurate measure. However, I don’t think that it will be in the 3 to 4 bags per day range as is the issue with the person that started this thread.

5. I bought the stove last February, so I am not sure what blower is in it, however, it is nice and quite and I was able to compare it side by side with an Accentra and the M55 was much, much quieter. When I clean the stove this weekend I will take a peek at the blower to see which one I got. The air that comes out is nice and hot and seems to be doing a fine job heating our house (8 1/2 years old and very well insulated) so I don’t see any reason to change it if it is the older fan motor.

BradH70 said:
This post seems to have taken a few turns along the way but here are a few comments that I can make about my stove:
Thanks Brad-
I don't mind the turns too much, I new to the pellet world so I getting a good education from all points mentioned.
I be able to start accessing the stove personally after Friday's install ans no doubt will continue to have questions.
As mentioned to me; this forum is more informative than the Manufactures PDF's; So it is much appreciated- nothing like real world experience.
J-T- thanks for the chart, I hae been sharing it with my other two buds who bought stoves with me too!

Before

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 337
Love it!! Love the animal print in the room too!! So were you happy with Billy/Brick Fix?

Another 9 days for me!!

Well- 4 fours into it...it great!!! My friend who bought the other one....Loves it
Brick fix- super professional - can't say enough good things...Please believe I say that with no agenda attached. would buy in a instant from them again.
I have some questions but I will wait until I get a bag or two under my belt.

Here is a quick one though...what determines the auger in the pot frequency in turning? Is there a adjustment for it?

I going to sit down with a glass of single malt and read the manual, in front of my new stove!

Thanks JT for the nice compliment- in means allot

Your pellet Bud from LI
PB

Maybe this will help.. I believe JT posted it..

Attachments

• Stirer and feed.jpg
    Stirer and feed.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 450
Looks awesome libirm
Glad your happy with install. No smoke smell I hope. One complaint I have. Manual sucks. You wont find the chart that cusnvin posted in it. You'll get great help here. There is a feed trim button that will increase or decrease the amount of pellets that drop. I believe that is in the manual. Any other questions feel free to ask away. Enjoy

Jeff

So...I'm doing a test of pellet usage for FredfromBoston. I filled my hopper up completely, turned the stove to heat level 3, feed trim 2 and combustion trim 3 (same as his settings). I will run it all night like this and get up in the morning to refill the hopper and see what the usage/hr is. The convection air has stabilized in the 215F range with these settings. My living room went from 72F to 77F in the first 2hrs of the test. Of course it's the warmest part of the house. My bedroom upstairs is only 67F, but I don't try to move the air upstairs. A big part of the reason most of the hot air doesn't make it upstairs is that I have a skylight in my stairwell. All the hot air just waffles up into the skylight instead of going upstairs. I'm thinking about installing a skylight cover. I bet it would make a big difference in the amount of warm air that makes it upstairs. Outside temps are 36 at this time...11PM. I'll report back in the morning with my findings...

Below is a picture of it running for flame height comparison and also a pic of my thermometer probe setup. It is not touching the heat exchanger wall. Oh yeah, you can also see the amount of buildup on the glass. I'm on day 6 since my last cleaning. It doesn't seem to get any worse than what you see. I can always see the fire.

Attachments

• IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_0555.jpg
    IMG_0555.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 418
My glass is the same. I think thats the standard for this stove. Not bad in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.