Enviro M55 Insert Multi-Fuel Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eatonpcat said:
hinkbot said:
i am looking at the m55 or the gci60 (regency), and from some other posts understand them to be the same. the room that this would reside in has the main tv in it. does any noise from the insert make watching tv difficult without cranking the volume?

I have the M55 insert...It is relatively quiet, but you can hear it!!

It also depends on the model year. The newer models have a "higher" output heat exchange fan motor, making them a little noisier then the older models. I believe I have the older model (am going to check next time I do a cleaning) and it is about 8' from the TV and we have no problem watching the TV with the volume at normal level.

Big difference in noise from old blower to new. The old one was extremely quiet. The new one is what I would call "average" noise. Probably on par with the Harman Accentra and many other stoves. But, the new blower really makes the stove put out the heat and the stove itself stays much cooler.

Billy the installer stopped by this morning and he agreed with me that the motor is a little noisy so he is ordering a replacement for it today. Should in next week.
Yea!
Here is the finished product-
Love the stove, with a quieter motor it will be even better.

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 388
owning a pellet stove, Great

Having a good dealer, Priceless

Glad to hear bill was right on top of it for you.

My stove stopped, number 3 blinking.

I thought it might be out of pellets but I looked into the hopper and what i thought was quit a bit of pellets there...
But it did take a whole bag of pellets, barely.
Started it up and is running fine.

So the hopper does not completely empty of pellets?

Is this typical?

When I first started it up this season, it happened once or twice, but have not had it happen again. It seems that the pellets don't want to slide down the side of the hopper until there is a good bit of fines built up, reducing the friction.

I had a problem with my old stove and pellets falling. when the hopper got low some pellets would stick to the side and the auger wouldnt be able to grab the pellets. the stove would shut down but some times during shut down the pellets would fall down to the auger and it would appear that there was enough pellets in the hopper. I havent experienced this on the m55. Actually my stove uses all the pellets without shuting down. They all slide down to the bottom.

I wonder if there is a difference in the slope of the hopper walls between the free standing and insert?

was wondering that myself. they both hold 60 lbs.

Well- the three amigos have their M55 installed-
We are all very happy with the stove and Billy's install.
My buddies stove's are really quite, I can't wait to have my new auger motor installed.
There is definitely a problem with it, oh well.
now on to other questions....

:coolsmile:
Well I am happy to say that tonight my dealer came over with a replacement Auger motor and the stove is whisper quit- just with sweet sounds of pellets dropping and the whoosh of the fan.
I am now completely and officially happy with my stove
:coolsmile:
Now on to other questions.....

Awesome...glad you got it fixed. A quiet auger is a must! Sounds like you 3 Amigos are having fun with your stoves. You should get them to get on this forum so we can all share experiences with the M55.

Status
Not open for further replies.