Enviro M55 insert - price and OAK

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpelletstove

Aug 12, 2014
CT
I've found an Enviro M55 insert that has been running for ~1 year in the showroom, and they are now looking to clear it out. It would come with full warranty, but does have the "older' blower. They will take $2,900 cash for it (cash and carry). Does this seem like a good deal?

Also, I would be installing this in an existing masonry chimney. There is no ash clean out that can be converted for fresh air intake, so my only option would be to run a second liner up the chimney. I could use a collinear chimney cap to achieve this, but the manual stipulates that exhaust and vent need to be a minimum of 12" away from one another. Any ideas how I could achieve this? The house is pretty tight, and we are doing work to make it even tighter so the fresh air is important.

Thanks!

That is a very pricey insert, so yes the price seems good.

Is it an exterior chimney if not what is below it? or behind it? Bringing fresh air from the top has never worked very well in my experince

oh its a pellet stove that makes a big difference but if the manual says you need 12" that is probably what you need but you can always call customer support to confirm that you cant use colinear

We have a raised ranch with chimney on the end. One in the lower level (partially underground) and one on the upper level (above ground). The stove would go on the upper level. I could bore through the chimney to the exterior for the air intake, but I'm reluctant to do that if there is a viable alternative.

I have the M55 insert with no OAK, which I plan to fix this year. After some research I plan to extend the intake line to just above the smoke shelf and install a block off plate at the shelf. I have a piece of aluminum sheet metal that I will cut to fit and notch for the exhaust and intake pipes, and will pack above the plate with high temp insulation. Lastly I will need to ventilate the bottom of my flue cap somehow to let fresh air into the flue, or maybe buy a replacement cap designed for this. The exhaust is about 8 to 12 inches above the flue so should be adequate separation

Status
Not open for further replies.