Enviro M55 Insert Trouble Shooting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozymandias

Apr 22, 2013
Massachusetts
Hello,

Recently I've been experiencing a new issues with my M55. For some reason it starts to cycle down. When I open the lid, the fuel type selector is lit, but there is no heat level indicator. There is no response when you hit the power button.

So far, once it cycles down, it has restarted on its own. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

What mode are you running, and do you have a thermostat installed? I had a problem with the magnet glued to the bottom of the hopper lid rubbing on the mode switch. I would switch it to manual, and the magnet would push the mode switch to hi/lo or auto/off when I closed the lid, without me knowing it. This would drop it to low or shut off the stuff without a thermostat connected (if you have a thermostat, it would run off the Tstat, but would shut down if in auto/off and not calling for heat) Of course it would drag the switch back to manual when I opened the lid to see what the problem was. You can check for this problem by closing the lid normally, then lifting the lid slightly while opening and check the switch position

Status
Not open for further replies.