Enviro m55 insert Vrs Santa Fe insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sante fe

Burning Hunk
Sep 28, 2011
Poughkeepsie ny
I bought the santa Fe new in 05 it has been a good stove. Wondering about the bigger better thing. Would it worth it to up grade to the m55. Your thoughts

Need more info. Sounds like the Santa Fe is working for you, so why upgrade unless it's not big enough?

If your dissatisfied with the Sante Fe? Do your homework before the next purchase. Be sure to go check it out and make sure its what you really want. We can steer you, But the choice is really up to you.

What features or issue is making you consider the replacement?

Is it not enough BTU's??

Pretty big difference inprice also..

How big is your home?

Can't really say I'm dissatisfied, More heat and less noise would be nice. Its really only noise on high. So l run on medium most of the time.It has been reliable I will probably keep it. Just kicking tires

Kicking tires is fine. I'll help ya kick, multifuel is very cool and the hi/lo is very handy dandy! One feature if your quad has missed a start do to a dirty pot? The auto clean burnpot hasn't missed a beat. I have gone weeks without cleaning. She starts every time. No more making sure the dang holes are clean either. Less smoke on start up too. Cleaning the pot once a week, But its out of habit. I can go far longer. Just feel its better to keep it clean and get more heat from efficiency. Not to mention fuel versatility.

There are another couple models to check out while your kicking, Regency Hamton CG60(same as cast) and the VistaFlame VF100(same as steel) if you have any local dealers. Which are you looking at, Cast or Steel?

I was looking at the cast. What do you mean by the hi,lo could you explain. With all the bells and whistles do you think that will effect reliability.One thing nice aboutthe Santa fe its simple. Thanks a bunch

Hi/lo when your using a stat. Once the stat temp is satisfied the stove goes to low fire. Helps saves igniter during the cold season. There is only an couple of extra parts added for the agitator to clean burnpoit. And they seem to be very dependable. I hear very litle issues overall. I had an igniter that shorted out and also wrecked the control board. Covered under warranty. The M55 has added fuses to protect the control board(I added my own). I'm very happy with my Omega. 4th season with it and I still say it "rocks"! Best stove I have owned.

M55 has had a couple of minor issues but corrected now. The latest fix was a stronger convection blower to help settle an over heating issue. New stoves are already coming in with the upgraded blower. Might be slightly loader though, why I say go have a look at one running. Careful once you see one, You might be hooked.

Hopefully some of the cast owners will chime in on how they like their toys.

Love my Santa Fe ..

Status
Not open for further replies.