Enviro M55 Porcelain problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freddyp

Jan 5, 2011
Northshore of Mass
Bin a while since I last posted, but I am having a weird problem with my Enviro M55 Insert.
I noticed some chipping on the porcelain and immediately blamed the wife. She insisted that she did not bump into it with the vacuum of anything else for that matter. I was a bit suspect but had no proof. Next day I noticed more chipping of the porcelain on the door. No flecks on the floor in front just more and more porcelain peeling off and disappearing. I now believe my wife but have no idea why the porcelain on the door of my M55 is disappearing. The only thing that I noticed over the past week or so is a faint smell of smoke in the house and a couple of loud cracking sounds after a few hours of running.
Has anyone else experienced this issue with your M55 Insert????
I have not contacted my dealer and I think I am still under warranty but it is really bothering me since i can not figure out what might be going on here.
Any ideas????
Thanks

"Immediately blamed my wife" - that was good for a few laughs with my wife this morning! Thanks.

curious about this.....often finishes are excluded from warranty

Limited One (1) Year Warranty:

Under this warranty, Sherwood Industries Ltd. covers all exterior surface finishes against defects in materials and workmanship, for part repair or replacement and limited labour for the first (1) year to the original purchaser. Please see the exclusions and limitation section below as certain restrictions and exclusions apply to this warranty

There are some other limitations(of coarse) But it looks as though if it is deemed a defect. You might get a replacement, if its under 1 year old?

OP first posted in Jan, 2011, and stated in the first post that his stove was a year old then........the plot thickens......I wonder why after 2 years it would start flaking......better waterboard your wife, Freddo!

Status
Not open for further replies.