Enviro M55 Steel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranky Yankee

May 3, 2015
NE CT
I'm researching thru threads on the M55 Steel FS.I have an opportunity to buy a slightly used (burned 20bagsof pellets) any problems with them, reviews seem to be positive. Thanks

I like mine. Big hopper, multi-fuel, burns any pellet we give it. Depending on the year, you may have to replace the convection fan with the newer model because the old fan was weak and tends to break down in time. I think the new one can be had for around $280. You can search the threads here and read all about it.

Depending on the condition, you may have to replace some parts, do a little maintenance replacing gaskets (but you should test them first - see how they look, do the dollar bill test).

Good luck.

What year for the weak convection fan? Supposedly only 20 bags of pellets have been run thru thestove

Vinny, went and looked at the stove, it's a 2012 model year and it actually only had 12 bags thru it last year. I offered him 2K for the stove, pipe and balance of the ton of pellets. I expect him to counter with $2250 which I'll be happy with, he'll call me tomorrow. Stove isn't even broke in yet. Convection fan doesn't even bother me with the discounted price. Thanks for the heads up on the fan

Reactions: vinny11950
Hi cranky the new updated fan seemed to be more of an issue with the M55 cast version, not the steel. The steel seems a bit quieter than the cast version as well. Enjoy your new stove, you should be warm.

Reactions: Cranky Yankee
Status
Not open for further replies.