Enviro M55 Thermostat Causes #4 Error

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TheNoobOfFire

Jan 7, 2021
Ontario
I have a 2011 Enviro M55 Pellet Stove. If you run the stove on Hi/Lo or Auto, it turns off after about 20-25 minutes and flashes the #3 error. Similarly, if you run it on Manual at heat level 1 or 2, the same thing happens. However, if you run it on Manual mode on heat level 3 or higher, it runs perfectly fine. Running on Manual on heat level 3+ is way too much heat. I know there is an issue with either the thermostat and/or the balance between pellet drop and air intake, but my noob brain cannot put it all together. Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
Error #4 indicates a tripped hi temp. sensor
So what you are saying makes no sense.
The only thing I can suggest is to do a full
cleaning, intake to exhaust termination

Error #4 indicates a tripped hi temp. sensor
So what you are saying makes no sense.
The only thing I can suggest is to do a full
cleaning, intake to exhaust termination
Sorry, I edited the post to read error #3. I did an entire clean of the stove from intake to exhaust because I had a very loud and whiny start up. The cleaning fixed that issue, but not this issue. Thank you for your help!

Ok, now it makes sense. #3 is the 120 deg.
Exhaust Temp Sensor ( see location Page 10 of Manual)
Funny place to see it damper slide set up.
It most likely is covered in fly ash. Remove the sensor, clean
reinstall and try the stove for proper operation.
If you don't have a manual here is one
I will give this a try tonight and report back. Thank you kindly! My apologies again for the initial error in what the error was.