Enviro M55C FPI

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BradH70

Feeling the Heat
Feb 13, 2011
South West NH
Received my Enviro M55C fire place insert last night. Unwrapped it and checked out all of the inerworkings and everything looks good, what a beautiful stove. I'm hoping to start the installation tomorrow night and have it finished by Saturday evening so that we can bask in it's warmth! I was able to compare this insert to the Harmen Accentra side by side, both operational. I really think that the Enviro has an edge over the Harmen. I have read some complaints that the Enviro is not "pushing" the air hard enough but when I was standing in front of both stoves (about 5ft away), both running at the highest setting, I was feeling a lot more heat coming from the Enviro. Even though the air may have been coming out of the Accentra faster, it did not feel as hot. Not only that, but the Accentra fan is LOUD! We had to shut down the Accentra to evaluate the fan noise of the Enviro and it was almost inaudible when it was the only stove running. I'll post some pics of the install this weekend.

Cheers!

You will like how quiet the stove is. I have my TV about 5' away from my stove and I don't even have to turn it up when the stove is running. If you do eventually want more convection blower output, Enviro is in the process of testing a new higher output blower. My advice is to make (or buy) the rail system because you are going to need it for maintenance and the installation too. My hearth was the perfect height to use a couple of 2x4s and 48" lengths of angle iron from HD. Works perfect. I can slide my stove in/out at will. Please do give us pics...
Flynfrfun

As promised, I am attaching some pictures of the new stove in place. Installation wasn't very difficult, but the installation manual could be a bit better. I've been running the stove in manual mode for about 9 hours now, on setting 3 for about the first 5 hours and on setting 2 for about the past 4 hours. The downstairs has been staying at about 70 and the upstairs is around 67. Loving the stove so far. Running nice and quite as I was hoping that it would. I need to get a longer length of stat wire since the wire that came with the unit isn't quite long enough to make to the wall that I want to mount the t-stat on and then I will try the hi/low mode.

I post more updates as days pass by.

Attachments

• M55C_FPI.jpg
    M55C_FPI.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 295
Status
Not open for further replies.