Enviro M55FPI Exaust Installation Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluemaxe

Mar 3, 2013
Hello everyone,

After debating what to do with my current fireplace, and endless research, I decided to go with the Enviro M55C FPI pellet insert, The overall installation and operation is pretty straightforward, the stove fit in excellent, The chimney liner also went through the chimney easily, everything is capped off on top and installed according to the instructions, however, In my research I have read various things that make me debate the actual connection between the liner and the exhaust starter quick connect.

The Enviro manual says "Connect a Exhaust starter quick connect straight to the exhaust pipe", the liner kit came with an appliance connector that is female (liner side) to male (appliance side), and the exhaust starter quick connect is also male, which makes the appliance connector completely wrong for this application as it wont fit over the exhaust starter at all.

So my question is, Do I need an appliance connector at all? Like one designed for a female to female connection? and secondly, the attachment itself looks shabby, should I use high temp sealant on the connection to prevent exhaust from leaking out? Screw into the exhaust starter with a sheet metal screw? Just a simple hose clamp? The instructions in both the liner kit and the stove manual on this connection seems very vague as to exactly how to ensure its tight and correct.

The second issue I've encountered is, the wires to go to my thermostat and remote control sensor come off of the right side of the stove unit and need to go over, under, or behind the unit to the left side where I can route them through conduit to their respective locations, How should I do this? over, under, behind, should I enclose them in some kind of tubing in the fireplace? Do I need to route them outside on the right and go across no matter what?

Lastly, Does any portion or all of the liner need or will be improved by insulation? Its a 14" terra cotta flue with a 4" liner running through it, its in excellent condition, I have read some articles that say insulating the top of the liner is a must, though not required by the appliance manufacturer or local code in my case..

Thanks, you guys are great,
I rarely need to post anything here, but Ispend a lot of time reading and learning from these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.