Enviro M55FS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m55fs

Oct 22, 2012
Parachute,CO
I hope to join the forum- I have two cautionary notes regarding the M55- am wondering if these have occured to other owners-

First- smoke problems- fixed
Second-fallen top baffle and concurring cast back plate- fixed

I've noticed over the last two weeks there are wonderful people on this forum- hope to add and gather insights!

Oher than the two probs mentioned above, it is more stove for me than the Austroflamm Integra I've used for 18 years

Not sure about the smoke issue but I have had the falling top baffle issue early on. I realized I hadn't properly placed the baffle tabs into the nipples that, if properly placed hold both the back cast plate and baffle in place.

Reactions: m55fs
Smoke? Never had any smoke problems. The Baffle yes, but as stated above, it was user error.

No smoke problem here either! I had the baffle plate fall forward just once but as previously stated you have to "feel and hear it" click into place. As soon as you do your first weekly cleaning you should get the hang of it! Great stove, Bill

Not sure about the smoke issue but I have had the falling top baffle issue early on. I realized I hadn't properly placed the baffle tabs into the nipples that, if properly placed hold both the back cast plate and baffle in place.
X2

I have had smoke problems, could you elaborate with your experience. I should say smoke smell actually

I hope to join the forum- I have two cautionary notes regarding the M55- am wondering if these have occured to other owners-

I've noticed over the last two weeks there are wonderful people on this forum- hope to add and gather insights!

Oher than the two probs mentioned above, it is more stove for me than the Austroflamm Integra I've used for 18 years

Other than the two probs mentioned above, it is more stove for me than the Austroflamm Integra I've used for 18 years

Sorry about the two goof posts!

The two screws that hold the top baffle have collars on them-consequently they were too short to use as little "catches" holding the top baffle. I removed the collars,set the screws to properly hold the baffle in place,making it removable,and all is well-

Regarding the smoke issue-
After much consternation, I discovered the exhaust flange was the problem. There was a certain amount of excess weld holding the exhaust pipe to the flange. I removed the flange, took it to my bench grinder,removed the excess weld,now the flange (with gasket) is able to bolt tightly-no more smoke.

Regarding the top steel baffle (again) I had cleaned the stove a few times, never had the dropping problem. Fortunately I was in the room when the baffle and cast back plate fell. The stove was on-

This is a new M55FS, and am wondering if previous incarnations were different?

I love mine.
No issues mentioned above.
Only slight thing I would change is the F#%&ing hopper door.
And the relatively small hopper. Only holds about 50 lbs. Just over a bag.

The stove stove has a massive footprint and there should have been plenty of room for a larger hopper and fill door.

But have to admit it heats me out of the room :cool:

Did I mention I love mine. ;lol

---Nailer---

I love mine.
No issues mentioned above.
Only slight thing I would change is the F#%&ing hopper door.
And the relatively small hopper. Only holds about 50 lbs. Just over a bag.

The stove stove has a massive footprint and there should have been plenty of room for a larger hopper and fill door.

But have to admit it heats me out of the room :cool:

Did I mention I love mine. ;lol

---Nailer---
Nailer, I still load from the back hopper lid. then add the rest from the front lid

Status
Not open for further replies.