Enviro Max-M BTU Pin Changing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edwinjk

Dec 3, 2009
Southern Ohio
Can some one please advise me on how to get an answer from the factory. According to Enviro
Service Manual POP 093, the BTU ratings can be changed from 50, 60 & 70,000BTU by moving
pin on the board. This board has a grey pin cover over ten pins. I need to find out if this board has adjustable pin settings or has that feature been omitted.
Thank You edwinjk

Interesting, I've just installed an Enviro Maxx B (non multi-fuel version) - never knew you could adjust the BTU output via jumper. I'm assuming that the default is the 70,000. The tech manual and the user manual doesn't reference any jumper settings as well.

edwinjk,

There is a flaw at the enviro site with the maxx-M link. If you look close when you click the maxx-m stove it actually takes you to the Maxx B(non multifuel version).

Scroll down to the actual stove at the very bottom of page and click the tech manual#C-12198(I would post a link but this sites software doesn't allow the actual link to be posted. It gets broken because of the in the link). Same goes for the actual owners manual. Owners manual is actually C-12197. The manual and tech manual supplied with the unit are the correct ones so you could refer to them as well.

Anyway, I see no mention of the 50K-60K-70K BTU pin settings for the control board in the correct tech manual. I believe this was for the Maxx-B unit only. I honestly think you would never actually use all 60,000 BTU's. The stove owner would probably only run the stove at the medium setting anyway. What tipped me off was the Maxx-M is only rated for 60,000 BTU's anyway. It is using the same multifuel controller as the Omega(which do I own and there are no pins on this board).

Hope it helps

Jay:
The brochure for the Max-M states that it has a 77% turn down or turn down ratio. Which means that the stove should be manually adjustable to 50K & 60K & factory set at 70K. If you have a copy of Enviro Pellet Stove Service Manual Page 18 shows the adjustment on DHC4000 board. This board has no manual adjustment. The board is going back to a dealer
& asking for a manual adjustable turn down board. The reason that the turn down is
important because of future addition.
I have not gone thru the info you sent, but I wanted you to know where this all came
from. Thank You for your assistance & if I could ever return the favor, let me know.
Thanks,
edwinjk

edwinjk said:
Jay:
The brochure for the Max-M states that it has a 77% turn down or turn down ratio. Which means that the stove should be manually adjustable to 50K & 60K & factory set at 70K. If you have a copy of Enviro Pellet Stove Service Manual Page 18 shows the adjustment on DHC4000 board. This board has no manual adjustment. The board is going back to a dealer
& asking for a manual adjustable turn down board. The reason that the turn down is
important because of future addition.
I have not gone thru the info you sent, but I wanted you to know where this all came
from. Thank You for your assistance & if I could ever return the favor, let me know.
Thanks,
edwinjk

Check what I posted because the brochure for the maxx-m only rates the stove for 60K btu's. I am possitive your getting linked to the Maxx-B unit!

What does it say in the brochure you getting linked to, Maxx-M or Maxx-B?

Here are the specs I get from the brochure I am reading.

SPECIFICATIONS:
• Area heated * up to 2500 sq. ft.
• Efficiency Rating 79.5%
• BTU/H input 16,000 to 60,000
• Hopper Capacity ** 130 lbs.
• Weight 325 lbs. (455 lbs. with fuel)
• Power - normal use/start-up 350 watts/600 watts

Exclusive Features:
• Automatic electronic controls
• Large (1320 sq. in.) heavy-duty heat exchanger
• Heat exchanger cleaning system
• Easy ash removal with a large, dual-chamber ash pan
• Standard bolt-on hearth pad
• 455 cfm variable speed fan
• Standard with ignitor

I agree with Jay, the M is not adjustable, and the linky to the manual brings you to the regular Maxx...scroll down 2 units to find the Maxx M.

Jay:
Iam going to take your explanation to the owner. It makes sense. The brochure is for
the Max - B . The Max-M (Multi Fuel) is a different animal.
Thanks again,
edwinjk

Jay:
All has been resolved. The whole thing started with the brochure Enviro Maxx 16,000 to
70,000 Btu & 77% turn down. The owner thought he had a Maxx-B (70,000Btu). This guy was driving me nuts, but a customer must be pleased. I copied the info from the web site on the
Maxx B & Maxx M. I also explained that on a Multi Fuel your Btu's are not constant & you can not have a turn down. The stove has not been fired up yet, too hot here. Suppose to be in the 90's
for the next two days & dropping to 75 on Monday. You might want to tell the factory to put
Maxx B & Maxx M on their brochures.
Thank You Very Much For Your Assistance,
edwinjk

Status
Not open for further replies.