Enviro Max Trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x96mnn

Nov 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Hey folks, long time since I posted but have been keeping warm with my pellet stoves....until tonight. I posted when I first bought a detailed post with issues that I had with my Enviro Max not clearing the ash pot, flooding over and starting a fire in the ash pan. After about 6 months Enviro did correct the problem, (Big hats off to my dealer on this one)

Through the night the auger stopped working on the stove, thought no big deal jammed up and I will clean it when I get home. Took it a part tonight, removed the auger shield and it was clean sucked out the pellets that was there but no dust, tried to start it and nothing is coming from the auger. The warranty is up, just over two years and will be calling a tech in, thinking the auger is gone or the vacuum switch that powers it is gone. Have it all apart and all connections seem fine.

Double check that the auger motor isn't turning- the set screw may have just come loose and the auger is spinning freely on the motor shaft.
By pass the vacuum switch by pulling both leads off it and connecting them together and see if the stove works. Yes- bad switch... no- good switch
If you have a multi meter check for continuity between the poles of the exhaust temp sensor ( you must disconnect 1 lead) remove the 2 screws from the switch, pull it out of the exhaust channel and heat it with a lighter until you hear it click. Check again with the multimeter. No change = bad switch.
I am not sure if this model has a manual reset hi temp switch, but if it does it will be the one with a red button between the poles. Press the button.

These are a few easy checks that may help, but otherwise I would let the tech persue this further.
Good luck.

double check the air inlet and the pipes to make sure they are not blocked in any way... very rarely do I see vaccum switches OR big 6rpm auger motors crap out.. the simplest things (like a blocked screen on the vent or a sticky air intake flapper) are usually the culprit when the auger don't turn.
For a motor: Check the gears on the motor by simply spinning the cooling fan on the side of the auger motor itself... spinning that plastic fanblade should make the auger turn (albiet very slowly) and let you know if its a physical of electrical issue.
For the switch, check for cleanliness in the vent 1st, then try jumping the switch as noted before a couple posts ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.