Enviro Maxx and Sawdust

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x96mnn

Nov 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
About 3 weeks ago I started to notice sawdust on the floor in front of my stove, shrugged it off to some dust getting loose when I dump but the more I noticed it I thought I have been using this stove for 4 years now and this never happened before. I took the side panel off and I was shocked to find the inside of the stove was packed with Sawdust in which the blower was picking up and sending through my home. I vacuum it out and took things apart to get it clean and thought there is no way I have missed this or the cleaning guy. Knowing the repair man will charge me 100 just to get to my door and I will pay it but am thinking this has to be a gasket or something simple...I know famous last words!

When I had the thing apart it seems to be coming out where the auger motor connects to the auger but from the parts diagram, ( http://www.enviro.com/images/manuals-brochures/tech-manuals/C-11582 Instruction Maxx Domestic Technical Manual.pdf ), I see no gasket but if I put a light in the hopper I can see light coming through just cannot pinpoint why. Any help on what part I should have before I take it apart I would appreciate, being without it in a Canadian winter is not an option and I think 3hrs to get apart and put back together once is more then enough I would sure hate to get it apart and then have to out it back together or make the issue worse while I wait for a new part to come.

Any thoughts wold be great...even if its telling me to not be so cheap and get it fixed by someone who knows!

Sound like the aguer bushing on the motor plate has worn out and allowing the sawdust in the hopper to fall thru. You can order just the bushing or the motor plate with bushing. If you want to see all the parts seperate go to Enviro.com and use their parts search. Has several photos of each part and part numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.