Enviro maxx auger motor problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slug-go

Nov 23, 2014
Ri
Just wanted post this and to see how many other enviro maxx stove owners had this problem.
From day one after the purchase of my pellet stove the maxx performed great heats my whole house it sits in my basement and it replaced my wood stove. This past week the auger motor went south. 2 years 4 months now no warranty. Oh keep in mind the motor was loud from day 1. I found Joe Briggs on line ADK Green Energy he was able to get me back up and running the same day excellent professional job. This new motor you can't hear it. Wicked happy.

Welcome to the forum ... Glad you found a solution but sorry it cost you because it was out of warranty. Enjoy the heat!

Thanks lake girl
My passion lakes. Love fishing
My biggest interest by posting I know that other people had my problem. But can't find that Keep in-touch

I use the Gleason-Avery ball bearing auger motors that are stronger and quieter than many OEM auger motors. :)

Slug-go You can also use a 2 rpm motor in your stove. This will reduce you overall BTU but most with a maxx are not burning on 3 or above. Spare 2 RPM motor is about $70.

Status
Not open for further replies.