Enviro Maxx basement install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1Dtml

Feeling the Heat
Nov 22, 2011
CT
Warm & toasty:

Attachments

• DSCF1537.jpg
    DSCF1537.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 595
  • DSCF1534.jpg
    DSCF1534.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 525
  • DSCF1528.jpg
    DSCF1528.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 512
  • DSCF1530.jpg
    DSCF1530.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 551
Reactions: oliveone
Beast of a heater! Looks dandy!

Did you check the Maxx M while stove hunting? Just curious what the price difference between the Maxx and the Maxx M.

I purchased the Maxx used, but in great shape, and it is a beast!!
The Maxx raises the temperature 20*F in less than an hour.

1D

Geez, Could have fooled me looks brand new! Don't see many used ones. Nice score! ;-)

Why did they sell it?

Maybe it ate too many pellets. ;-P

But you guys were right "better bigger than not enough."

1D

1Dtml said:
Maybe it ate too many pellets. ;-P

But you guys were right "better bigger than not enough."

1D

Time for a Tim the tool man grunt! :cheese:

These things were born to eat! Mechanical hippo. ;-)

Nice setup - looks just like my Maxx basement install. If I had to do it all over, I would've done it sooner! So I see you have it oaked, was that a DIY or did you purchase some sort of 'kit'? - I've been meaning to add one for next season to see if it makes a difference.

VTrider said:
Nice setup - looks just like my Maxx basement install. If I had to do it all over, I would've done it sooner! So I see you have it oaked, was that a DIY or did you purchase some sort of 'kit'? - I've been meaning to add one for next season to see if it makes a difference.

This was my first DIY install, and many thanks throughout this process to all that helped with solid advice and tips on this forum!!!

Wachusett recommended using the Z-flex alum flex and 3" vent kit found here:

http://www.pexuniverse.com/store/category/4-z-flex-venting-parts-accessories

Quality stuff at an excellent price for an DIY OAK install.

1D

j-takeman said:
Beast of a heater! Looks dandy!

Did you check the Maxx M while stove hunting? Just curious what the price difference between the Maxx and the Maxx M.

Maxx Pellet list $3,079.00, Maxx M List $3,499.00

Looks great..... Oil Man not liking that!!! ;-P

Very nice job.... Big unit, Big BTU's, Big appetite, Big Savings......... Love it

The Maxx is a great stove and really efficient . I installed it three years ago in the basement and couldn't be happier 142 bags to heat upstairs 1000 sq feet and basement 1000 sq feet last winter . A heck of a lot better then heating with wood

This winter so far I have used 68 bags and about to bring in 4 more . Not bad for Northestern Ontario . Very happy . :) :)

hwdemers said:
if you got it used do you know what "program" its running on? that stove can be tuned up or down by 10kbtu on 5. it comes @ 60 and you can move a jumper pin on the control board to bring it to 70 or 50

Nope I didn't check out what it is running at, but I can't picture it needing more.

I'm very happy with this stove, for it ignores the fact that it is surrounded by concrete that it needs to heat. ;-)

1D

1Dtml said:
hwdemers said:
if you got it used do you know what "program" its running on? that stove can be tuned up or down by 10kbtu on 5. it comes @ 60 and you can move a jumper pin on the control board to bring it to 70 or 50

Nope I didn't check out what it is running at, but I can't picture it needing more.

I'm very happy with this stove, for it ignores the fact that it is surrounded by concrete that it needs to heat. ;-)

1D

As big as they are, People think they eat like crazy. They can, But I have seen them be more pellet frugal than a heater of a lesser size. The heat exchanger is massive on these monsters and convert goobs of the heat many would send out the vent! I can't recommend many for a basement install, But the Maxx and a P68 lead the pack.

hwdemers is correct they are defaulted to 60K BTU's. Not many have needed the change to the 70K.

You getting much heat transfer upstairs?

Actually I was just thinking that the Maxx is pretty frugal given the environment that it is being asked to heat.

I think it would be a good basement heater for transferring heat upstairs, but I'm just looking to heat the basement, and I have the basement door closed.

The floors upstairs are nice and toasty though. ;-)

I have nothing to compare to, but I will say I'm very happy with the way Regency=Enviro is heating my house.

1D

I'm so happy with my new (used) Mini up in the family room that I'm going to replace my Eagle 5520 stove in the basement with a Maxx. On the look now for a used Maxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.