Enviro Maxx stove in the Hudson Valley NY

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oliveone

Burning Hunk
Dec 23, 2010
Hudson Valley NY
Hello I am new to the forum but have had a pellet stove since 1997. I have read alot here. Have Whitfield advantage II, it is a great stove. I would like to cut back on the use of oil heat. I have used 188 gallons of oil for heat and hot water since July. I have two tanks and both are full and will get me until July 2011. Next year I would like to only use 250 for the whole year. I would like to update and get a Enviro Maxx or a Enviro Maxx-M. Today I called all the suppliers from Albany NY to Newburgh NY and know one has the Maxx stove in the store. If you are going to put out $3000 for a stove I would like to see it first. The wife has given me the green light to get the new stove ( I was going to anyway LOL ) Who has one of these in the Hudson Valley and where did you get it. I can get the stove for 2960 with big glass plus taxes. What did you pay for the stove and what was the install cost??

Happy Holidays to all !!!

I don't have the Maxx or Maxx M, But I have the sister of the Maxx M. The Omega. Basically the same stove as the Maxx M except for the larger CFM convection blower and the exterior design. Awesome stove that throws massive amounts of heat into the house. Nowhere near pellet picky and I proved that with all the pellets I tested in the past few seasons. It lets me burn the cheaper stuff in the shoulder seasons. And saves a bit of cash for me. I now only burn the better stuff when I need the most heat I can get in the bitter cold season.

I am very biased now that I own a multifuel unit and recommend spending the extra cash as its worth it in the long run. I am the picky one and want to burn the best I can afford. But this stove just doesn't seem to care what I toss in the hopper. Very easy to keep clean and runs for a straight week without even opening the door. I could go longer but just like to keep it tidy.

I'd be glad to answer any questions you have. But definetly recommend the Maxx-M or Omega(if you could still get one). :)

Oliveone,

As Jay mentions, the Enviro stoves are a good choice, and seem to heat well with few problems.

I have a friend from work who just bought an Enviro Mini from F & G Pools and Stoves on Rt. 9w in Newburgh, and had them do the install too. He is very happy with how it all came out, and the stove is running well.

Don't know if they have the Maxx in stock, but give them a call......maybe ordering one doesn't take too long, but you probably won't get one installed in time to take the 30% Tax Credit...stove has to be installed by Dec. 31, 2010.

J-takeman
I will let you know what stove I get or if I get one. :)The Maxx is about 2980 plus tax with the big window. I am not sure how much more for the Maxx-M. I will let you know when I get home on Monday. I can tell you my Whitfield stove has been great over the last 13 years. I run it on low-med heat and the fan on high. When it is real cold the oil heat will kick on but that is ok for now.

Imacman
I did called F & G Pools and Stoves on Rt. 9w in Newburgh yesterday they do no have the stove in stock. I will be in NYC on Monday for a few hours and will stop in Newburgh on the way home to see what they can do about a stove. :coolsmile:

The Maxx and Maxx M are large stoves. There is a small demand for them. I bought mine on a whim and never saw it running first hand. I had mine over a year before I saw one setup in a stove shop. The Maxx M is so new, I really doubt there is going to be one running on display somewhere. But you never know.

Enviro has a dealer locator on there site that gets you to the closest dealer. If you also send an email to them( [email protected] ) they can replay with a list of all the closest to you. I hope you find one!

J-Takeman:
Took your advice & bought a Enviro Maxx-M. The multi fuel is about $400 more but worth it. Have not hooked up yet, need a 4" flue liner & flue pipe. I have been heating with a Englander 25PVDC, but it was too small. I will have everything hooked up for next season. I have a gage to set the draft & will do the installation myself.
ekarlis- cincinnati oh.

edwinjk

Congrats on the new stove! When its all setup and running don't forget to post a picture of the new toy. We love pict's! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.