enviro maxx

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm new to this site, but i posed the same question recently...locate UncleAnthony on here. He has one, going on 3rd season with it. Do you own the maxx? we are considering purchasing it but couldn't find many reviews about it.

Its a rippin unit, you could do way worse. Big output, big hopper, easy to clean.

peacockrocks said:
i'm new to this site, but i posed the same question recently...locate UncleAnthony on here. He has one, going on 3rd season with it. Do you own the maxx? we are considering purchasing it but couldn't find many reviews about it.
yes i just bought one. it pumps tons of heat, now i'm trying to tweak it to be more efficient with good heat. i feel it was worth it.

onastick said:
peacockrocks said:
yes i just bought one. it pumps tons of heat, now i'm trying to tweak it to be more efficient with good heat. i feel it was worth it.

hi onastick,
congratulations ! saw your other posts, my maxx is a vf170,two years installed.

i looked at the new manual for your stove, yours has 3 new features to play with : feed rate trim,room air circ, combustion blower trim. my maxx does not have these, but i can see why they are added.

There are 5 heat settings on the maxx. I am not using a thermostat. I use #1 for now, go to #2 around 40F(degrees) to heat house up for couple hrs then back to #1. at 20F-30F #3 for couple hrs then back to #1, below that, #4 back to #2. I rarely used #5 heat setting,
boy is that scary when you do ! Mostly turn on fans when stove room gets to around 80F to circulate thru house.

anyways, grab a good surge protector for the unit and enjoy. You will like it alot.

As for the 3 new features, based on the way my stove runs, i would try the middle setttings, watch for soot buildup and
flame action per the manual.
enjoy!

thanks for replying UncleAnthony,
i was going to find you and ask about your stove and settings. I am trying to tweak the combustion blower and trim
for sufficient heat while a little easier on the amount of pellets burnt. It's hard to find anyone that has the same system.
thank you for the input.

onastick said:
thanks for replying UncleAnthony,
i was going to find you and ask about your stove and settings. I am trying to tweak the combustion blower and trim
for sufficient heat while a little easier on the amount of pellets burnt. It's hard to find anyone that has the same system.
thank you for the input.

we just had our enviro maxx installed last night, and we also have questions about trim rate. how have you made out so far? we've left the trim rate on the factory setting, but to me it seems to be too much. but what do i know, we've had it less than 24 hours.

I'm ordering one of these stoves today and was wondering if anyone could tell me a few things. First, I have a 2500sqft house and will this stove do the trick to heat it well enough? Can I install a thermostat to it and where in the world can I buy one. I can't find very much information on this stove or parts for it. Does anyone have a video of this thing in operation on Youtube.com or anywhere else? With a 120lb hopper, I assume I will go through the pellets with this as well. I use about 1 40 lb bag a day now in my crappy Breckwell. I don't care if I use 3 bags a day as long as I am warm. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

One more question. Is this stove too loud to put in a living area? I'm not terribly concerned about it but would be nice to know. It get's -20 and colder here in the winder at times and good heat is what I need. thanks

congrats on your decision! we've had ours going for two months now and LOVE it! i seriously cannot say enough good things about this unit. our house is comparable in size to yours (2600 sq ft) and it does a great job of keeping it warm. we honestly leave it at setting two 90% of the time and it is very comfortable in our house. anything higher than the second setting and we're sweating. we go through about two bags of pellets a day. we also installed ours in the living room. if we had the option, i would not have done that. it is a loud stove and requires us to turn the tv up much higher than we normally would. we don't have a thermostat installed on ours, but i am trying to convince my husband that we need to do this for next heating season. do a search on youtube and you'll find a video that shows ideal flames size. that was very helpful to us.

there are a couple of others on this site with the same stove who are excellent sources of information. good luck!!

I agree with everything peacockrocks posted.
I heat 2700 sq ft on setting 2-3,most of house at 70degrees.
Except for two days recently, it got down to -15F, and most of the house stayed at 68 degrees on setting 3.

On third season with it.

Here is info on enviro stoves from mfg. The owner's and technical manual are very good.

http://www.enviro.com/fireplace-products/pellet/freestanding-fireplace.html

Yes, it is loud. Oh yeh,it will definitely heat your house.

There is a video on youtube, could not find it just now.

Yes, can hook up thermostat, the manual should state what kind, if no luck, this site has lots
of good info on thermostats.

Good luck !

Here's the video. Beast of a stove. I own the multifuel sister stove the Omega. Same chassis with a little less BTU's. Heat exchanger is hugh and does a nice job of keeping heat in the house.

Thanks for all the great feedback so quick. Now the stove I'm getting is actually a Vista Flame 170. I guess that si very much like the enviromaxx. I'm so excited to get this thing and get it up and running. Thanks again for the help.

hobbers10 said:
Thanks for all the great feedback so quick. Now the stove I'm getting is actually a Vista Flame 170. I guess that si very much like the enviromaxx. I'm so excited to get this thing and get it up and running. Thanks again for the help.
The vistaflame 170 is the enviromaxx. It is the VF170, same as what I have. You are going to enjoy it very much !

we use the 170 to heat the warehouse: LOVE IT! It chews thru just about every pellet we throw into it (even crappy 2yr old MWP)... I would reccommend a 2 wire millivolt tstat (availiable at any hardware store for @ $20) for it. We run our on hi/lo mostly, set up at #5. Damn impressive flame! We have installed @ half a dozen, w/ no complaints from anyone that has one.

Been running a Max-A in our warehouse for three years now and very little issues. I can take that exposed concrete 1000 sq ft from 0 to 18 celcius in 3 hours on high. The one thing i haven't done yet is change the settings of the board to increase the btu's up to 70,000 it's currently still on the factory setting of 60,000.

Well, I just ordered my VF170 today and expect it to arrive in about 5 - 6 days. I ended up paying 2,480 out the door. From what I could find online, I got a pretty good deal. I'll post some pictures and maybe a good video when I get this installed. I can't find any real decent videos of this stove in operation. We'll see. I'm pretty excited to get this thing up and running. I never thought I'd be excited about a pellet stove. I guess things change as you get older. :)

hobbers10 said:
Well, I just ordered my VF170 today and expect it to arrive in about 5 - 6 days. I ended up paying 2,480 out the door. From what I could find online, I got a pretty good deal. I'll post some pictures and maybe a good video when I get this installed. I can't find any real decent videos of this stove in operation. We'll see. I'm pretty excited to get this thing up and running. I never thought I'd be excited about a pellet stove. I guess things change as you get older. :)

Sounds like a good price. If I recall, I paid about the same in 2008. on my 3rd season with my VF170, and still
get stoked running it ! You are gonna like it !

I love mine. On my third year with it. I've never had a problem what so every with the unit and I'm not very nice to my stove. I only clean it when it absolutely needs it. It's hooked up to a simple thermostat and comes on and off as needed. once last year after cleaning the stove I had restarted it in manual and turned the the thing up to 4 and went up stairs for awhile. Dam I was so hot in the basement I could hardly breath it was 92°

One word of warning when its set on 4 or 5 you might as well back a truck up to the hopper because this thing loves pellets.

I paid $2200 out the door.

Nice, thanks for the input. The way my wife is ALWAYS cold, I'm pretty much counting on going through 80lbs a day. No biggie as long as I don't have to hear complain any more. Well worth it in my mind. I'm shopping around for a decent wireless thermostat now. Any thoughts? Thanks

Hi! I have one since August 2013.The one with heat exchanger and love it. I'm over 150 bags at this time because of low temp outside.-30,-40 celcius(-22,-40 F) with wind for 2 weeks.

Mines in the basement. It would be loud if it was in the family room. This stove is a work horse. Not the nicest looking stove but will work all day for you. I wish I would of got one years ago. Has cut my oil heat bill in a 3rd. Can heat my 1200 sq ft bungalow for about $650 a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.