Enviro Meridian convection blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJDave

Nov 20, 2014
Wa State
New to pellet stoves. New Meridian stove installed 2 weeks ago. It has been working great until today.
I fired it up this morning and it went through it's cycle. Fan came on like usual after it heated up. I always have the fan on after that. I walked through the living room and noticed the fan was not blowing as hard as it usually does.
I pressed the fan button and it turned off. Pressed it again and it came back on...but now at even less volume. Then I noticed a strange smell. So, I shut the stove down.

The stove is new, so the fan shouldn't be toast already. ? I called the dealer, but they are probably closed all weekend.

The only thing different is I plugged the stove into a outlet mounted surge protector. Could this be causing my problem?
Thank you in advance for any tips or suggestions.

You could try another outlet. But I gotta tell you that your board may be bad. This happened to me when I had my enviro. The blower made a terrible burning smell. Replaced the blower and same issue. Turned out the board wad bad. Your gonna have to get your dealer involved in this one as it's brand new. I wouldn't run it until it's fixed as you may kill the blower motor as well. Hope this helps and sorry to hear of your troubles.

Thank you for the reply. I took the cheapo Lowe's surge protector off the outlet and plug the stove back in the same plug it had been running fine on previously.
Firing up now. Blower came on full blast after flame was established.
If I have the same results, I'll shut it back down and wait for dealer to open on Monday.
Figures. It just started to snow! Lol

Bad surge protector? Get a different one and try again... Keep us posted ...

So after start up cycle, the fan kicked back down to the low setting. I can get the fan to blow faster as I up the heat setting. Fan will blow full blast on highest heat setting 5. I don't want it on 5!
Maybe that is the way it's supposed to work. ??
Like I said, I'm new at this. I would think I could have fan on high if I wanted to.

Ok. The fan just kicked on high on its own. Must have hit a certain temp.
I am really showing my pellet rookie colors.
Forgive me!;em

Glad to hear all is well and it's just cycling like it should ... give it a week or two and you will be over the newbie jitters;lol

what mode are you in.manual,high/low or on/off and is stove connected to a t-stat.if you are in either on/off or hi/lo then the stove will drop to low fire and so will your blower.when stove calls for heat it will begin to ramp up.if in manual mode then it will just run constant

what mode are you in.manual,high/low or on/off and is stove connected to a t-stat.if you are in either on/off or hi/lo then the stove will drop to low fire and so will your blower.when stove calls for heat it will begin to ramp up.if in manual mode then it will just run constant
It's in manual mode. Fan speed has been cycling on its own with the heat setting on 2.
I guess I've never noticed it before.

Wow sounds like you got lucky and it was just a
bad surge protector. Glad you got it sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.