Enviro Meridian Lucky Find

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-read....Thats what I said... Raise your Pad or increase size of hole for thimble. 1/2"=0.5 inch in my book?? A 1/2" is a small / minor roadblock... No??

Yes, 1/2" is small, but I have to sell I need the money. :-(

I just wish I could keep it in the shed even. :-(

If I am lucky I can sell it to someone I know so I can see it again once in a while.

Sell. The Astoria. Thats why I said, I know you paid full price for the Avalon. But sell it for a decent price.

Then just look at it like I did. You got a great Stove for a Great Price (with Great Options). Sell your stove (Astoria) for a good dollar and see it every once and awhile.

Don, I meant temp wise how do the stoves compare. I know in one of my threads you had a thermometer in the vent of the stove showing almost 600 degrees.

Snip ...

Also a very small bottle brush I got from a beer brewing supply store in Salem NH! LOL

...snip

Hey don't knock us brewers, we are a handy bunch and cause all sorts of brushes to be readily available to fussy pellet stove owners.

If that 3 in 1 is in the blue and white can it is SAE#20 non detergent not similar to, but the real deal.

Don, I meant temp wise how do the stoves compare. I know in one of my threads you had a thermometer in the vent of the stove showing almost 600 degrees.

Hi fishwater

Today I am doing temp testing. Wish we had some cold winter days!

I set the T-Stat for 68 this morning and after the 30 min shutdown on Lo the room was 77 Deg F!

Just took a reading when the stove throttled back to Low for the 30 min period before shutdown!

See pic below

Wow 206 Deg F on Low ! ! !

Attachments

• 206onLoDuring30MinShutdown.jpg
    206onLoDuring30MinShutdown.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 202
206° is a realistic number for low. I get about 250° on low with Somersets (Best pellet around me. IMO) and about 210°-220° with a Bad pellet (pic is an example of temp with sub-par pellet temp).

600° is to hot for air temp. The exchange tubes would to have been around 1,000° or better to convect that high of a temp (on high the fan blows faster, and air has less exchange time). I still believe that it had to touch steel for temps that high. Or you had the probe stuck inside the tube (also an incorrect measurement). The probe should not be within the tube or housing.ColeParmer-1.jpg

206° is a realistic number for low. I get about 250° on low with Somersets (Best pellet around me. IMO) and about 210°-220° with a Bad pellet (pic is an example of temp with sub-par pellet temp).

600° is to hot for air temp. The exchange tubes would to have been around 1,000° or better to convect that high of a temp (on high the fan blows faster, and air has less exchange time). I still believe that it had to touch steel for temps that high. Or you had the probe stuck inside the tube (also an incorrect measurement). The probe should not be within the tube or housing.

I agree, I will try and do some better temp testing.

Hello

Full Throttle tonight and after only 40 Min it was 387 Deg F on Hi ! ! Had to use fire gloves to take reading!

Attachments

• EnviroMeridianInShed (2).jpg
    EnviroMeridianInShed (2).jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 184
  • Hi387DegAfter40Min.jpg
    Hi387DegAfter40Min.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 172
Nice! Sounds like great temps on that bay!

Yes, It is one of the better stoves!

I just shut it down because it is 103.5 in the room and I am starting to get a little too warm! LOL

Attachments

• 1035inShed.jpg
    1035inShed.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 195
Was that temp (387°) was with an Infrared Thermo??

That didn't look like your Cole Parmer Thermocouple?

That 387° isn't as High as the 600° something you said before. I can get into the 300°+ range near Medium.

Did you measure in the same spot, same distance, etc, on the Enviro?

You should be measuring outside the body of the stove? Not within the confines of the steel. Measure 1" off the outside exchange plate (outside of stove).

Thanks for re-measuring. As false temps make other memebers 2nd guess there unit.......

Hello

Well I had the chance to pick this Meridian up and when I first saw it all dusty and dirty but working good, I fell for it!

Finding the Manufacturer's so called Perl Gray touch up color paint was my first stumbling block. After quite a few days, I found some good fresh "Stove Bright" Charcoal color that matched Perfectly!
See > https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...ray-paint-at-a-good-price.86502/#post-1116809 It is a very good color!

I had to order a new cleaning rod because the original was missing. That will take a while to get!
Now that I know there is no lock washer in the design, it probably came unscrewed and was lost!
That is called WDS - no Washer in the Design Syndrome similar to WNS - No Nut in the Design Syndrome Seen here https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/...ks-found-reason-and-fix-for-0-14-cents.73036/ - Cleaning rod issue.

The ash traps were loaded with pellet ash. See pics > https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...od-pellet-stove-ash-traps.86625/#post-1118447

Also gave it the Dollar Bill test and made a nice video doing it!
See > https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...r-bill-test-pass-and-fail.86631/#post-1118451

So I gave it the basic cleaning and connected up the venting. The lytherm sheets will be arriving from the west coast late in the day tomorrow. Then I can remove and clean the blowers and it will be ready for final test.

I will have to check:

Start Cycle
Run Cycle
Shutdown Cycle

Operation with T-stat
Hi/Lo
On/Off

Is this stove the same as Vista Flame 100FS Free Standing?
It is the same as the Regency GF55

See pics below
Also I learned that the Meridian and the Regency GF55 are basically the same stove!
Different grills and the Regency is black in color!

As you can see the ash pan is real grungy!
Pic on left is before clean up and touch up.
Pic in Middle is after clean up
Pic on right is Regency GF55 in Local Hearth shop. Only difference is grill and black color!

Nice fine, Don!! You'll love that Meridian, mine works like a champ. Thanks for posting the link for the touch up paint. I've been searching everywhere for it.

Hi fishwater

Today I am doing temp testing. Wish we had some cold winter days!

I set the T-Stat for 68 this morning and after the 30 min shutdown on Lo the room was 77 Deg F!

Just took a reading when the stove throttled back to Low for the 30 min period before shutdown!

See pic below

Wow 206 Deg F on Low ! ! !

hi Don .you found yourself a great stove there.ive had mine for a while now and yes it can crank the heat.i had the same issue with tha ash pan not being so tight at first but once i got that squared away its runs like a champ.the only issue i found with the stove was that it would not eject the ash from the pot as good ash it should and the pot would constantly fill up with ash in less than 24hrs.enviro sells a high ash liner and that was the cure to my frustration with this stove.
the numbers you are posting for heat output seem high to me and like dexter said i think your probe may not be in the right location for accurate and fair results and can be a little misleading for someone in the market for a stove.i always measure my temps with the probe in the same location which is in front of tube 4 form left on the top row(highest temps).it never touches metal and it is roughly 1 inch away from the tube.
.in post #30 it looks as though the probe is at least toucking the metal grill in front so my guess is that the tip of the probe may be touching metal insid the tube and that would produce a false reading.on low my stove gives off 170 -180 and on high 340-360.you did a great job cleanig it up and i hope it serves you well.

Reactions: DexterDay
Was that temp (387°) was with an Infrared Thermo??

That didn't look like your Cole Parmer Thermocouple?

That 387° isn't as High as the 600° something you said before. I can get into the 300°+ range near Medium.

Did you measure in the same spot, same distance, etc, on the Enviro?

You should be measuring outside the body of the stove? Not within the confines of the steel. Measure 1" off the outside exchange plate (outside of stove).

Thanks for re-measuring. As false temps make other memebers 2nd guess there unit.......

Hi Dexter
Yes, that is an infrared thermometer that is reading the Air Temps coming out of the Enviro Meridian on Level 5 the highest heat setting! That 584 Deg F on the Astoria was with the Cole Palmer and I will re-check that!

What is the max air temp that you get on Hi with your Infrared heat gun?

Nice fine, Don!! You'll love that Meridian, mine works like a champ. Thanks for posting the link for the touch up paint. I've been searching everywhere for it.

Thanks Cygnus, You are welcome about the paint. The Stove Bright Charcoal color matches perfectly!

How does your stove work with the T-Stat on Auto-On/Off with the 30 min shutoff delay on Lo fire?

I find it warms the room up a little too much?

See
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...-for-short-cycling-in-auto-on-off-mode.86703/

hi Don .you found yourself a great stove there.ive had mine for a while now and yes it can crank the heat.i had the same issue with tha ash pan not being so tight at first but once i got that squared away its runs like a champ.the only issue i found with the stove was that it would not eject the ash from the pot as good ash it should and the pot would constantly fill up with ash in less than 24hrs.enviro sells a high ash liner and that was the cure to my frustration with this stove.
the numbers you are posting for heat output seem high to me and like dexter said i think your probe may not be in the right location for accurate and fair results and can be a little misleading for someone in the market for a stove.i always measure my temps with the probe in the same location which is in front of tube 4 form left on the top row(highest temps).it never touches metal and it is roughly 1 inch away from the tube.
.in post #30 it looks as though the probe is at least toucking the metal grill in front so my guess is that the tip of the probe may be touching metal insid the tube and that would produce a false reading.on low my stove gives off 170 -180 and on high 340-360.you did a great job cleanig it up and i hope it serves you well.

Hi Corkman

Thanks for giving the readings from your stove. My measurements are close and maybe slightly Hi so your measurements sound really good! Thanks again!

Stove heat is great. I am running Maine's Choice so hotter pellets would crank it up more. What pellets are you running?

Infrared doesn't measure air temp? It measures surface temps? At least the 2 I have do.

They have a laser on them. Pull the trigger and wherever the laser is, it measures that temp of that surface ..

I dont think they can measure air?

Thanks Cygnus, You are welcome about the paint. The Stove Bright Charcoal color matches perfectly!

How does your stove work with the T-Stat on Auto-On/Off with the 30 min shutoff delay on Lo fire?

I find it warms the room up a little too much?

See
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...-for-short-cycling-in-auto-on-off-mode.86703/

Don,

I don't use a thermostat anymore, I'm strictly manual now. The constant on and off kept burning out the ignitor and I got tired of replacing it all the time. This issue might be the only problem I've had with my Meridian. Other than that, it's been rock solid.

I've tried out many cans of paint trying to find a match and even Enviro dealers don't have one to match my stove. It will be nice to finally have my surround match the stove. Amazing how pellets can wear away paint.

Don,

I don't use a thermostat anymore, I'm strictly manual now. The constant on and off kept burning out the ignitor and I got tired of replacing it all the time. This issue might be the only problem I've had with my Meridian. Other than that, it's been rock solid.

I've tried out many cans of paint trying to find a match and even Enviro dealers don't have one to match my stove. It will be nice to finally have my surround match the stove. Amazing how pellets can wear away paint.

Thanks for the info. I like the auto-on/off because I can turn the stove on in the shed from the toggle switch in the house. I can then shut it down manually by pressing off so that will not be too bad.

The heat can really fade the paint after 3 or more years, depends on the environment to. I gave our Meridian the paint job from head to toe with 2 cans of the Stove Bright Charcoal and now it looks brand spanking new!

Attachments

• EnviroMeridianLitUp (1).jpg
    EnviroMeridianLitUp (1).jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 185
Status
Not open for further replies.